• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What would cause this??

Headhunterx

I get these streaks at the end of every print, nowhere else just the end otherwise they look great. This is a Falcon II with 2X4 dye inks, and before someone suggests it it is not a head strike just streaks. It is about an inch wide and runs the length of the picture I am printing. It must be a setting for the feed or something like that except it is in the same place and everything looks so good I don't want to mess something up fiddling around with the settings, I hope someone has seen this before and knows what to do. This was a show demo machine and it came to me in the crate, so it is more than likely a setting that is off.

Thank You.
Richard

Attachments

• 040209_11381.jpg
    040209_11381.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 040209_11382.jpg
    040209_11382.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 040209_11391.jpg
    040209_11391.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 87
  • 040209_11392.jpg
    040209_11392.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 74

raider

Never seen that in my limited experience. Maybe add a small rectangle the width of the print just below the end of the print? Then if it stripes the rectangle, it won't matter. Kind of wasteful but beats wasting the whole print. At least until you find a solution to the cause?

We had a similiar problem with our Mutoh. Our service guy told us that the humidity in our shop was too low and that on long runs the head would dry out by the end of the print from being out of the station so much. We bought a cheap humidifier at Walmart and run that near the machine. It seems to help. Not sure that this is the same thing happening to you but I guess it's worth a shot.

randya

Not seen that myself.

Try running a pre-ripped file and by passing the RIP:

http://www.mutoh.com/kb/entry/68/

If this works ok, then it is not the printer.

If it ends up being the printer, maybe memory or network.

what happens if you only print an image that is 1 inch?

dlndesign

I had an issue similar to this where the bands would only be on one section of the print. Where the file looks great on screen but it obviously comes out crappy like that. Have you tried adding noise to the file? 2% should do it, let me know if that helps. Good luck.