• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What would cause this???

ProColorGraphics

I have been getting some fuzziness around whatever prints blue. This is what I found when I did a detailed bi-directional adjustment test print. Everything else works perfectly and the test prints are perfect. Reading the Roland site, it says number 2 and 4 are the "smaller" dot pattern prints. As you will see on the pics, on #2 and #4, there is a faint fuzzy line around the cyan print.

I am using a 2 year old Roland VP-540.

Attachments

• _Roland_Test_Print.jpg
    _Roland_Test_Print.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 91
  • _Roland_Test_Print2.jpg
    _Roland_Test_Print2.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 96

Gabriel

I my opinion, I think the Cyan print-head si dying. Might be that (the cyan is fading in the adjust bi-dir test) or you have some "rebel" nozzles(misfireing).
You are printing with the head hight on "high" position? Try to switch on "low" especially for vinyl.
Most probably, you print-head is kind of old now. This blurry "thing" is going to get worse in time. You will be forced to change the print-head.
Hope that helps!

NolaSignGuy

I have five year old heads that print fine on mine and I use them about 8 hours a day and five days a week. Go into service mode and do a horizontal head adjust test print, re-calibrate it accordingly and it should clear things up.

Letterbox Mike

Nozzle deflection. What does your test pattern look like? More than likely you need to do a good custody wash (or head soak or whatever you Roland people call it). This is caused by ink spraying at an angle instead of straight down, usually just because there's some small buildup or gunk blocking the nozzles. It can also be caused by a damaged nozzle plate so try to visually inspect it to make sure it's not scratched or dented. That's rare though, like I said, it's probably just dirty.

ProColorGraphics

I have new cap tops to install and I have done some heavy cleaning in the mean time and it has seemed to have gotten better already.

What is the best way to do a head soak?

xcain

Cyan Printhead Bad

If you can get in service mode and run a fill pattern. If you see overspray on both ends of your cyan print then you have a bad printhead. You would also see a halo effect or overspray in most of your prints.

Wallhogs

Production Manager
ink

What type of ink are you running. It is possible that your ink can be causing the problem. We have just encountered some blurry effect and misfire from our cyan heads on 3 machines. Total of 5 head replacements. Just found out our manufacture has cut some corners and this may be why our cyan heads on all machines are going.

Wallhogs

Production Manager
ink

If it is the ink this will start banding in approximately 1 month. Depending on how much you use the machine.

Baz

Heads have a lifespan. They are parts that will need to be replaced once in a while. 5 years sounds right. I have an old SC-500 (bought new in 2002) that needed new heads after 4 years. Now it has been 5 years and i am in need of new heads again. Just part of the operation.

ProColorGraphics

Heads have a lifespan. They are parts that will need to be replaced once in a while. 5 years sounds right. I have an old SC-500 (bought new in 2002) that needed new heads after 4 years. Now it has been 5 years and i am in need of new heads again. Just part of the operation.

5 Years would be acceptable, but my is only 2 and I don't run it non-stop everyday. It gets used frequently, but I'm not a large production shop. And also that the color I go through the least is the first one to go bad?

Baz

Sorry man i misread the posts or mixed a couple together (hate it when that hapens). I would say 2 years is a pretty short time for a head to go bad. All i can suggest is cleaning (machine cycle and manually). If all else fails then it's time to call a tech.