• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What would you buy?

ProColorGraphics

I am in the market for a 64" printer. I am trying to go through all of my options from the Mutoh Valuejet to the new Roland VS-640. I am open to printer/cutters all-in-one units or separate printers and cutters. With quite a few options out there, what do you guys have and use and do you like or recommend it?

Thanks.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I would find out who has the better service in your area, both those machines will probably do you just fine but service is key.

tomence

I am a Roland guy but now after seen some posts about the new Epson GS6000 my opinion has changed, and now i am looking at an Epsong and probably will buy one soon as long as i find good service, because for Roland i have 3 places within 10 miles from me i can get service from, but Epson only one so will see.

C

ColoPrinthead

The print and cuts are nice, but if you can get a unit that separates, you can print one job while cutting another. I enjoyed working the Roland print & cut I had at a previous job, but having it take up time cutting and not printing would become an issue for any company looking to increase volume imo.

cdiesel

ColoPrinthead has a great point. We run both setups, and depending on the job and our current workflow, we may use the print/cut Roland or print on one printer and cut on the Summa.

That said, our Rolands have been nothing short of workhorses. We have an XC540 that's a little over three years old, and we probably have about a grand into it for maintenance.

ProColorGraphics

I have had 3 Rolands and have had good luck, but I am just keeping my options open. There is good support for Roland, Mimaki, Mutoh and Epson in the area.

Mosh

Roland, been using their stuff for 22 years. Only got screwed one time on a PNC 5000.
Other than that I have had 7 other Roland machines that never gave me a any problems.