Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions What would you charge for this job

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Colorburst, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Colorburst

Colorburst Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Cheyenne Wyoming
    VolovoTruck-GoldStripe.jpg My customer wants quote for ten semi trucks with graphics like the one in the picture. 3M 180mc Satin Gold with comply. I figure about 33 square feet of material per truck. If you have done this type of job before I would welcome your input

Tags:
  2. Modern Ink Signs

Modern Ink Signs Premium Subscriber

Jun 27, 2008
    Waukesha, WI
    How big is the “lightning bolt”?

3. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    Id go about $1200 per truck but thats ME

• Like Like x 1
  4. timgo

timgo Graphics Designer

Aug 20, 2016
    Delft
    I would ask about € 950 per truck.

5. BUCKY

BUCKY Member

Jan 15, 2018
    WISCONSIN
    Easy job all around, standard fleet appeal and no rivets to deal with (if they are all Volvos).

I would say for ten trucks, (quantity discount allowed) $685.96 per unit at our location for the install.

6. unclebun

unclebun Very Active Member

For the logo and DOT/VIN numbers, we'd be at $125. For the truck numbers on the fender $25. For the graphic stripes $780. So that's $930. Most I'd discount (if at all) would be 10% for 10 units. They are never available to do as an assembly line, there's always something that makes for a time holdup or you have to travel last minute to do one "that has to go out on a run this afternoon". So essentially they all end up being individual jobs.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Colorburst

Colorburst Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Cheyenne Wyoming
    about 23"h x 175"w

8. Colorburst

Colorburst Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Cheyenne Wyoming
    This is all very true. Thanks to everyone for the advise. It confirms what I was thinking

9. 2B

2B Very Active Member

May 5, 2011
    TX
    What price did you come up with?

Since this material is a NONstandard color for us, the price reflects the custom order
    we would be information (sleeper / fender) - $230
    Lightning Bolts - $750
    all trucks must arrive clean or added costs will be applied

if 10 trucks are done, the total price would be $875.00 per
    NOTE: this "discounted" price is only valid IF the 10 trucks are done within a 2-week window.
    otherwise, the discount price is VOID

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay?

Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay? Very Active Member

So do you mean 33 sq. ft. per side, because there's no way that's 33 sq. ft. per truck. One stripe alone is 28 sq. ft. according to my calculations.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. BUCKY

BUCKY Member

Jan 15, 2018
    WISCONSIN
    Bingo! Someone is paying attention.

12. eahicks

eahicks Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    Yep. I'm figuring 60 sq ft., of what looks like would be High Performance gold vinyl? I price that as $20/ft installed.....Takes time to lay that vinyl correctly and smooth. So $1200. For 10 trucks, we might drop to $1000 ea.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. BUCKY

BUCKY Member

Jan 15, 2018
    WISCONSIN
    OP was using 33 square feet and did not elaborate so I priced one side of ten trucks.
    Never assume anything with a customer and always double check your math. It will cost you.;)

14. Colorburst

Colorburst Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Cheyenne Wyoming
    yes, I'm sorry. 28sq. ft. per side. I took the material per side at $8.60 for material cost, + cut/weed/mask and then x 2. Added install labor and came up to $825 per truck. I may be a little light.

15. unclebun

unclebun Very Active Member

The way I would do a 10% discount would be that the first 9 are full price and the 10th is "free".

16. Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay?

Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay? Very Active Member

I'm with you on that. We're just a two man shop and since my half is signs and his half is apparel decoration, that basically makes me a one man sign shop. That being said, if the job is about a $900 job, which I guess is fair and reasonable, I'd probably put a bid in at around $1200-1300 because we're constantly busy as it is and if I didn't get the job, no sweat and if I did, I'll put in some overtime and make out like a bandit.

17. ddarlak

ddarlak Trump Hater

that was my exact number before i got to 10 trucks, probably would have bid 11K for the job, one invoice.

18. spectrum maine

spectrum maine Member

Nov 1, 2012
    biddeford, maine
    At LEAST $850/TRUCK. OR $975/ TRUCK * 10TH TRUCK FREE

19. PrintPostal

PrintPostal New Member

Jan 4, 2017
    $750 to $950 per truck depending how good of a customer they are and potential for other business.
    50% down 50% on completion at least 2 trucks at 2 different installs total included. All trucks within 30 days or $200 extra per time more than scheduled 2 days of installs. If all trucks are different I would include $50 per type of truck over 2 models.

20. equippaint

equippaint Very Active Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Florida
    Why not price it as you need to and just assume that anyone that says they have 10 of something are only going to bring 1? All of these stipulations only complicate things and make you appear to be difficult to work with. At most, charge a premium for the first 1 to cover special order materials. Aside from that, if you are good at what you do, the 1st one will cost you the same as the 100th soooo I don't see the point in all this tiered pricing.