• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions What would you charge for this job

Colorburst

VolovoTruck-GoldStripe.jpg
My customer wants quote for ten semi trucks with graphics like the one in the picture. 3M 180mc Satin Gold with comply. I figure about 33 square feet of material per truck. If you have done this type of job before I would welcome your input

BUCKY

Easy job all around, standard fleet appeal and no rivets to deal with (if they are all Volvos).

I would say for ten trucks, (quantity discount allowed) $685.96 per unit at our location for the install.

unclebun

For the logo and DOT/VIN numbers, we'd be at $125. For the truck numbers on the fender $25. For the graphic stripes $780. So that's $930. Most I'd discount (if at all) would be 10% for 10 units. They are never available to do as an assembly line, there's always something that makes for a time holdup or you have to travel last minute to do one "that has to go out on a run this afternoon". So essentially they all end up being individual jobs.

Colorburst

For the logo and DOT/VIN numbers, we'd be at $125. For the truck numbers on the fender $25. For the graphic stripes $780. So that's $930. Most I'd discount (if at all) would be 10% for 10 units. They are never available to do as an assembly line, there's always something that makes for a time holdup or you have to travel last minute to do one "that has to go out on a run this afternoon". So essentially they all end up being individual jobs.
This is all very true. Thanks to everyone for the advise. It confirms what I was thinking

2B

This is all very true. Thanks to everyone for the advise. It confirms what I was thinking

What price did you come up with?

Since this material is a NONstandard color for us, the price reflects the custom order
we would be information (sleeper / fender) - $230
Lightning Bolts - $750
all trucks must arrive clean or added costs will be applied

if 10 trucks are done, the total price would be $875.00 per
NOTE: this "discounted" price is only valid IF the 10 trucks are done within a 2-week window.
otherwise, the discount price is VOID

Last edited:

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
So do you mean 33 sq. ft. per side, because there's no way that's 33 sq. ft. per truck. One stripe alone is 28 sq. ft. according to my calculations.
Yep. I'm figuring 60 sq ft., of what looks like would be High Performance gold vinyl? I price that as $20/ft installed.....Takes time to lay that vinyl correctly and smooth. So $1200. For 10 trucks, we might drop to $1000 ea.

BUCKY

OP was using 33 square feet and did not elaborate so I priced one side of ten trucks.
Never assume anything with a customer and always double check your math. It will cost you.;)

Colorburst

So do you mean 33 sq. ft. per side, because there's no way that's 33 sq. ft. per truck. One stripe alone is 28 sq. ft. according to my calculations.
yes, I'm sorry. 28sq. ft. per side. I took the material per side at $8.60 for material cost, + cut/weed/mask and then x 2. Added install labor and came up to $825 per truck. I may be a little light.

unclebun

What price did you come up with?

Since this material is a NONstandard color for us, the price reflects the custom order
we would be information (sleeper / fender) - $230
Lightning Bolts - $750
all trucks must arrive clean or added costs will be applied

if 10 trucks are done, the total price would be $875.00 per
NOTE: this "discounted" price is only valid IF the 10 trucks are done within a 2-week window.
otherwise, the discount price is VOID

The way I would do a 10% discount would be that the first 9 are full price and the 10th is "free".

Id go about $1200 per truck but thats ME

I'm with you on that. We're just a two man shop and since my half is signs and his half is apparel decoration, that basically makes me a one man sign shop. That being said, if the job is about a $900 job, which I guess is fair and reasonable, I'd probably put a bid in at around $1200-1300 because we're constantly busy as it is and if I didn't get the job, no sweat and if I did, I'll put in some overtime and make out like a bandit.

PrintPostal

$750 to $950 per truck depending how good of a customer they are and potential for other business.
50% down 50% on completion at least 2 trucks at 2 different installs total included. All trucks within 30 days or $200 extra per time more than scheduled 2 days of installs. If all trucks are different I would include $50 per type of truck over 2 models.

equippaint

Why not price it as you need to and just assume that anyone that says they have 10 of something are only going to bring 1? All of these stipulations only complicate things and make you appear to be difficult to work with. At most, charge a premium for the first 1 to cover special order materials. Aside from that, if you are good at what you do, the 1st one will cost you the same as the 100th soooo I don't see the point in all this tiered pricing.