• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What would you charge?

sdnj

New 3/16 Polycarbonate Sign Face - 9foot wide x 36inches high.

Yellow Translucent Vinyl for background and non translucent red vinyl lettering on top - 3 lines in bold + 1 line in blue non translucent blue.

Distance 10 miles.

Bucket Truck will be used, two people.

I will reveal my quote after I see a few of yours...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We just did two 3' x 10's. The sign is double-sided. Two colors on a light grey background. We got just under $2,400.00. Included in that was a small single-sided 3' x 5' light box [ground level] and lettering on a door. We got $88 for the door and I think $400 for the 3' x 5'. If math serves me right, about $690 for each panel plus about $525 to install it all. The place was about 4 or 5 miles from our shop.

Z SIGNS

are you crazy or maybe it's me

2 men 1/2 day to install$250
1 sheet of poly that big $200
2 10 yd rolls of vinyl $250
bucket truck rental
(even if you own your own
truck you have to charge this)$150
time it takes to make this $200

Am i missing something here.It looks like it would cost $1000 to make this sign happen.
Now you have to add whatever profit you want to make on top of that.

How could a real signshop do this for under $1000 any make any money ?

sdnj

bucket truck rental

Am i missing something here.It looks like it would cost $1000 to make this sign happen.

Thanks for responding.

J Hill Designs

this is a 1 hour install - 2 guys = 150 (with adjusted hourly to compensate for bucket truck usage) so yeah $250 less than you for the install

bucket truck rental

Malkin

About $785 for the face and $150 for install. If access requires a bucket truck then at least $250 for install.

Z SIGNS

this is a 1 hour install - 2 guys = 150 (with adjusted hourly to compensate for bucket truck usage) so yeah $250 less than you for the install
It's only 1 hour in theory and sign fairy tales.

In the real world it takes longer.

Load the truck,double check that you have all the tools needed,
fight with getting the old face out because the last guy screwed the face to the retainers and all those screws are rusty and stripped.
fight with retainers you can't get,re-lamp the sign,gas the truck up and drive 10 miles.
get back to the shop and unload and cut up the old face.

I guess superman could do it one hour though

ddarlak

Go Bills!
i'd be at around a grand, i have a towable bucket.

I generally pass on these installs, because i'm tired of doing them, but if i've got nothing on my plate i'd take it.