• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What would you do?

tonywhittier

We did this wrap for a customer and in the design they wanted the logo so big that it was right on the edge of the wheel well on the proof. As you can see in the actual install it cut of some of the e and s. They are wanting it fixed. What should I do/tell them?

Attachments

• vanside3.jpg
    vanside3.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 72

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Add fender flares to accommodate the words? Re-wrap but with smaller copy?

HulkSmash

do you not lay it out before applying to see where the text lands...?

No matter how big the customer wanted it, unless they said they don't mind it running off, it's your responsibility to make sure the logo fits on there before printing. I'd redo something like that.

rjssigns

Time for a re-do. Stuff happens. Although it may have been better to fix it before it rolled.
We are allowed to make mistakes once in a while. Not the end of the world.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If the proof didn't show it running off and they said they wanted it as big as possible...... why or how did you run out of room ??

Did the truck shrink or did you calculate wrong ??

Border

do you not lay it out before applying to see where the text lands...?

No matter how big the customer wanted it, unless they said they don't mind it running off, it's your responsibility to make sure the logo fits on there before printing. I'd redo something like that.

What he said...
In addition, when dealing with a layout like this, I would advise the customer that because wraps do tend to stretch slightly when being applied, it is in their best interest not to have elements such as important text laid out with such little tolerance for placement adjustments, if that makes sense.
You know what I mean. I would have told them it's best to leave yourself a little wiggle room when designing.

Another option for text like that is apply it in cut vinyl over the top of the wrap to assure precise placement, if needed.

I'd say you need to fix this one and live & learn. Sucks but that's the right thing to do.

Fix it that on you man should always lay your work out a proof is one thing curves and fenders and real life are another. Re print smaller and re wrap LIVE AND LEARN.