Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you do?

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by tonywhittier, Dec 5, 2012.

1. tonywhittier

tonywhittier Member

Feb 5, 2009
    We did this wrap for a customer and in the design they wanted the logo so big that it was right on the edge of the wheel well on the proof. As you can see in the actual install it cut of some of the e and s. They are wanting it fixed. What should I do/tell them?

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Moze

Moze Precision Sign Services

Feb 27, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    Add fender flares to accommodate the words? Re-wrap but with smaller copy?

3. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    do you not lay it out before applying to see where the text lands...?

No matter how big the customer wanted it, unless they said they don't mind it running off, it's your responsibility to make sure the logo fits on there before printing. I'd redo something like that.

4. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Time for a re-do. Stuff happens. Although it may have been better to fix it before it rolled.
    We are allowed to make mistakes once in a while. Not the end of the world.

5. ddarlak

ddarlak Trump Hater

100% your fault.

redo it

6. qmr55

qmr55 Very Active Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Yardville NJ
    You're gonna have to redo that. No simple way out of this one. Customer is right.

7. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    If the proof didn't show it running off and they said they wanted it as big as possible...... why or how did you run out of room ??

Did the truck shrink or did you calculate wrong ??

8. tonywhittier

tonywhittier Member

Feb 5, 2009
    ok thats what i was planning on doing, but just wanted to see what you guys had to say! thanks

9. Border

Border Very Active Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Minnesota
    What he said...
    In addition, when dealing with a layout like this, I would advise the customer that because wraps do tend to stretch slightly when being applied, it is in their best interest not to have elements such as important text laid out with such little tolerance for placement adjustments, if that makes sense.
    You know what I mean. I would have told them it's best to leave yourself a little wiggle room when designing.

Another option for text like that is apply it in cut vinyl over the top of the wrap to assure precise placement, if needed.

I'd say you need to fix this one and live & learn. Sucks but that's the right thing to do.

10. aaronJREgraphics

aaronJREgraphics Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Fix it that on you man should always lay your work out a proof is one thing curves and fenders and real life are another. Re print smaller and re wrap LIVE AND LEARN.

11. Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps Kentucky Wraps

Mar 6, 2009
    Bluegrass
    A newbie mistake. We've all made them in the beginning I'm sure.