• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What would you do?

I have a customer that's paid through PayPal a $400 deposit on a job. After 3 different designs and myself and the customer having personal dealings come up (funeral on my end) I get back on the job and get a proof over and its not what he is looking for. I might add he is a picky guy and took his sweet time in responding to proofs and still didn't get all the info I need for the project. He has decided he wants a refund. What would you do in this situation? I have about 8 hours in total design time invested in this.

Figure up what you need to be paid for what you've done so far. If it's less than $400, refund him the balance. If you have 8 hours in it, though, you're probably at or close to the $400, if not over. If so, brace yourself for when he goes ballistic.

BobCap

Did you tell him upfront there was a layout/design fee?

What exactly was the deposit for?

Do the right thing.