• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What would YOU do?

WildWestDesigns

We use GSuite... I can search all the way back to the inception of our company in 2009... It seriously is easy, but I digress. Just a frustration of mine.

While there are some things that I'll use Google for, email isn't one of them. But if it works and happy with it, it doesn't matter otherwise.

It is a frustration that I share with you. Since I IMAP all my stuff to a true locally installed email client, I'll archive my emails in a comprised tar file, but I can still go back and search through them and with how I archive them, attachments and all that are still "live".

Christian @ 2CT Media

I wish I was on Google. I started out on Yahoo 12 years ago and I'm stuck with them now.

I too have every e-mail from day 1. Sometimes I go back to the beginning to see how it started and I would throw up with some of the orders and amount of time I took back when I was getting started... Like my first order, a week long conversation about a $50 door decal and I'll come by and pickup a deposit check... I was probably the most nervous and put more thought about that order then any of my other jobs. Lol

Another order just after that was totally embarrassing.. Had to drive my 1986 suburban to pickup a deposit check after getting off my 9-5 day job..oh and my 6 month old had to come with me..how professional does that look? Did I mention that my truck overheated in the customer's parking lot spewing antifreeze everywhere and I had to call my friend to pick me and the baby up? I had to sit in her office for like an hour waiting on a ride. WTF!!! I still got the job and did a good job and she was happy. Luckily my truck was fine, just had to add coolant.
I know that all too well... Have my kids with me a lot in the past... Now they are school age so I can actually get work done. Btw GSuite has tools to migrate from almost any other provider through pop or imap.

Last edited:

M D Gourley

Sometimes I have to face that Customers will come and go, do I like it ..not really as I gave them great service, but I have to remind myself that 'you do not own customers' they go where they like, as I am a customer as well and would not like being told I could not go to the other Computer Shop to buy a new 'Wacom Graphics Tablet' because there prices are cheaper for the same product, people are more friendly, or you have a friend that started working there and I decided to change and go there, whatever reason...you can not mess with free will....so I thought it best to just keep the peace and give the customer a great file so that the last thought this customer remembers of my business was positive.
Being negative has a flow on effect.

Stacy1203

Customer who has ordered only a few signs in the past, who sent their logo to us back then, calls and wants to know if we have their logo to send to them. They want to send it to another sign company to get something made. They claim they can't find the logo file. All we have are the Flexi files we created for the signs we made. Would you go to the trouble to send them a logo file? When they straight up say they need it to send elsewhere for a sign we could easily make? I told our salesperson no, we shouldn't. Nor should we send them any files we created. They didn't purchase artwork, they bought signs from us.

That’s so weird on their part. I’d certainly want to find out why they aren’t going through us for the sign. Was it a pricing issue? Workmanship? Whatever it is I’d ask them to tell me. Then just to be nice send them the original file they sent you if it’s easily accessible. I wouldn’t send any artwork that your team created.

spectrum maine

I deal with this once in a while.i send a small version in very low res jpeg. If a customer asks for a logo i recreated or designed w/ no logo fee it is mine. Whwn a customer asks me for a logo i ask why.? If they want shirts done i will send the printer the files directly. Most of the time it an undercutting whore who is doing it for $40 less. (super low res jpeg)

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Ended up sending them their logo file they sent. The lady requesting it was thoroughly confused, and our salesperson did a horrible job explaining the situation. The file they sent was the entire sign layout with the logo in it, a PSD still layered. She did not know the logo could be extracted from the file. And she was told we vectorized the file, which is what she wanted. We never did, and won't unless she wants to pay us to. And she needed the file for other printing (non-sign). So it's all done with now.