• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What would you do?

SAS

I make a over the road banner every year for a community health center, they call and set up the dates the banner will be up with the city, they pay the $50 for it to be hung. Well this year I make the banner drop it off and then get a call from the city, they said sorry but that section of the street will be closed for the next month for rail road repairs. So I picked the banner up from the city and gave it to the health center.
I still charged for the banner but it was never used.

visual800

We call the City that it was to be hung in, got them to fax over the specs for the banner and special ordered a 36' banner
___________________________________________________________________________this was your first mistake, asking idiots to provide you with specs! If you have been paid I would back out of this one. Once agin your dealing with the city...IDIOTS!

Locals Find!

Tell your client to take it up with the city legal department and tell him to file suit. Give him copies of everything you have from the city.

You did your job just stay out of his issues with the city. If you really wanna be a nice guy offer to make him another banner to the new specs at cost.

After that its no longer your problem or your fight. Chalk it up to a cursed job and move on.

westpointsigns

It seems like all city governments are the same way. Ask 5 different offices the same question and get 5 different answers.

As for refunding any money. If you did all the research for the specs of the banner I'd say it's on you. If they brought you the specs it'd be on them.

Probably cheaper to redo the banner than give a refund....If not, you need to raise your prices.

signswi

Sounds like you should run for alderman so you have a voice at whatever insane group is shot calling. This sounds like a small town, correct? Pretty easy to get on council when you can print campaign signs at cost and cover the town.

busypc

All is resolved. Spoke to a city official who is going to actually "look" at the banner and let them know. It's no longer my issue...they can certainly hang the banner somewhere else. I feel like we have done all we can do and have now separated myself from the issue. They can take it up with the city.
Thanks everyone for the comments.