• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What would you pay for used plotter?

Reve

I'm looking at buying a 10 year old Roland PNC 1100 24" cutter. I offered $500. Is it worth that, or is that too much to pay for one that old? Or is it a good deal? I was told it's been fairly lightly used, and only had one owner. Thanks for any info!

S. Sexton

oil changed every 2000, old lady from Pasadena only used it, original paint?

sorry couldn't help my self

Blizare

you can but a brand new roland for 1500-3k and have a brand new reliable machine to run your business.

Color Dude

Can you physically see the machine run?

If so, its your choice..$500 for a working machine, probably not that bad of a deal. See if the seller will take $300.

Reve

Can you physically see the machine run?

If so, its your choice..$500 for a working machine, probably not that bad of a deal. See if the seller will take $300.

No i can't see it run. I've only seen pictures.
Actually they were asking $650, and i offered $500, but haven't heard back, so decided to double check here. That's $500 plus $85 shipping. This will be my first vinyl cutter.

Last edited:

Pat Whatley

Sounds a little on the high side but if it's in good shape, and working well, and you know what you're doing with it you can make that back in no time. Pretty reliable little plotter.

neato

It's worth it. I bought the same model about 2 years ago for the same price.

It's not the fastest plotter in the world, but It's a workhorse for sure.

Built like a tank too.

rcook99

I think for a few hundred bucks more you can find a newer cutter, on Ebay or the classifieds here at 101. I just sold my graphtec CE2000 last week for $800 with a stand in excellent condition and it was 4 years old.

The funny thing is that the person who bought it had one of those Desay Chinese cutters! He called me yesterday to tell me how he wished someone would have made him buy a Graphtec the first time. He was amazed at how quiet and smooth it was compared to his old one.

dolce05

i wouldn't buy it....if your not printing and this plotter is the "main tool" of your trade you need to invest. You will lock a huge job that you need to get done over the weekend and that baby is gonna go on vaca on you. Not worth the headaches i'd look for a newer better model when you can scratch up more dough

OldPaint

you can but a brand new roland for 1500-3k and have a brand new reliable machine to run your business.
OK, FOR THOSE WHO DONT KNOW the difference heres how it works.
NEW ROLAND is NOT A ROLAND CAMM-1, remember that!!! the PNC-1100 IS A ROLAND CAMM1 PRO.
whats the diff? the roland -24, is made with NYLON BUSHINGS AT ALL ROTATING POINTS.
sorta like your kid toys. work good for a while.
PNC-1100 is made TO ROLAND PRO SPECS.
all rotating points get a TIMKEN/FEDERAL BALL BEARING....sorta like the wheels. alternator, a/c and most anything in your car that rotates.
there is youre diff.

$500 yes its a good price, i had 2 i paid $1000 EACH FOR THEM. and if woulda sold em individually i woulda got $500 each.

P

ProWraps™

without reading all the replies, i can answer your question:
NOTHING

10 years old. WRONG. dont do it.

THATgirl

I have had my Roland PNC 1000 since 1989. I still use it daily. I have a newer plotter too, that now sits out in the garage, as it quit working. Rolands are great machines!

OldPaint

without reading all the replies, i can answer your question:
NOTHING

10 years old. WRONG. dont do it.
YOU ARE WAY WRONG....this aint a PRINTER))))
go back and read my explaination of how a ROLAND CM/CX-24 differs from the OLDER PNC-1100 plotter.
i had 2 of these machines, 1 in the office and 1 in the mobile shop, and would STILL BE USING them but i got a good deal on a CX-300. this one i cant say enough good things about it.
also you need to understand that when the PNC-1100 was new it sold for close to $4000.00
it was replaced by a PNC-960 and then i think the PNC-910, but they was all the internal parts of the PNC-1100.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

i wouldn't buy it....if your not printing and this plotter is the "main tool" of your trade you need to invest. You will lock a huge job that you need to get done over the weekend and that baby is gonna go on vaca on you. Not worth the headaches i'd look for a newer better model when you can scratch up more dough

Couldn't disagree more. I have a PNC950 that, while quite old, show no signs of ever stopping. They were obviously built for the long haul.

weaselboogie

Did you know that Edison's light bulb still works?

Although the newer cutters are infinitely 'smarter', I can't imagine that my new cutter would still be working a decade from now. I can tell a difference in the camm-1 than this one. It's beefier and over-engineered; specs are doubled. Over the years, corners get cut and specs are more refined and then you end up with a light bulb that has to be replaced.

iSign

I had an old Roland PNC model. I also think they were built to last. Mine was very old when I got it. It NEVER let me down, and I sold it when I got an Envision Plotter for my edge prints.

Funny when everyone who has had one rates them very high... and only the noobs who don't know anything about them try to act knowledgable by dissin' them. That should help you separate fact from smack.

(I'd still rather see it in person, or buy from someone I know... and I'd also try to get it down to $350 or $400)