• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what would you spend your money on ??

n1c m

Hi everyone Nic from in the UK
Im currently running a Mimaki jv3 160s which is on its last legs.
Replacement options I would consider !
Jv33 160 Mimaki
Valuejet 1614 Mutoh
Rs 640 Roland
Having not used any of these machines im going on info found on the web
but if anynone would like to offer an opinon that would be great.
Our main business is exhibition/diplay mainly indoor. Printer would not be over worked as most of my printing is done on Kodak 1200i.
Any responses would be great.
Many thanks
Nic M.

jasonx

might look at the hp latex printer. prints come off the machine ready for dispatch no outgas time.

jasonx

monkey: not sure what they are worth in the us market but doing a rough translation from our currency to yours and what they are worht here puts it at 25k usd. maybe someone can chime in with pricing. it isnt a major step from the machines listed here.

Rooster

Have you considered having the JV3 refurbished with new heads, pump, capping station, etc?

They still seem to be a very good printer. With the lower cost of the heads on your machine it would probably be cheaper in the long run to rebuild the unit you have.

n1c m

Thanks for responses guys
the HP machine is £23.000 thats out of the question
ive been offered a referb jv3 160 sp and I think thats the way I will go.
Anyone looking for a jv3 160 s needs new heads ive got one.
Thanks again for advice given.
Nic M

artbot

the reviews i've read comparing the hp latex with the sepiax ink shows that the hp is obsolete right now.