• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What would your price be?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I understand the need for privacy in pricing and I understand that prices in another region may not relate to me and that I need to figure out my own costs, overhead, etc. (which I have done for this job) However publications like Signcraft and others routinely print pricing guides and pricing surveys. I presume so that we can get a sense of where we fall in relation to others across the country. They can give us a "ballpark" idea of what similar products sell for on average.
But now I'm beating a dead horse, so I'll stop.
Thanks everyone for you comments.

I have no idea whatsoever of what your point was here. Were you trying to make a comparison or just felt the need to gripe a little ??

I don't think many end-users are subscribing to Sign Craft, let alone stopping by the local sign shop and reading up on them. So, if you think reading SignCraft can help you, why not keep looking there ??

My point is really very simple. You haven't offered up anything and yet you want people here to just play along with you. Many here have expressed their reasons for not giving numbers. As I said earlier, this part of the forum seems to be more for discussing how to go about pricing wihout giving a free shout as to what the actual numbers are, while the 'Premium' section seems to be more suitable for discussing numbers and making comparisons. You mentioned somewhere here that you were gonna check it out. Evidently, you didn't think the $7.50 was worth it. In that case, I would presume, not many people here deem it necessary to discuss numbers over here, either.

ProWraps

the fact that people dont want to discuss pricing in this forum is idiotic.

what is the big f*cking deal about giving out a retail price?

stupid. i can call your shop and you will give me a price. i dont care if people know what i charge.

i dont want them to know what i pay. i just dont get it.

what is the point of this forum? it should be the "sales, marketing, and bitch about giving out prices" forum.

for god sakes the word PRICING is in the f*cking name of the forum!!!!

id be at ~$399 per vehicle for rta oracal 5600 at 30 squares.

3m is going to have reflective with comply, and/or with controltac depending on what version you go with. this will help with the install. but if your not doing the install, who cares. unless they go to a qualified sign guy that knows how to handle reflective, its going to be a disaster anyways.

chances are its going to be a bruised up (reflective bruises when you bend it too much), bubbly mess.

judead

Pro Wraps,

You speak the truth. I thought this would be a good site to learn things from for someone that truly wanted to get into the sign biz and every time you have a question you get 99 answers of get out of the business or some smart reply that doesn't even answer your question. Nothing of any real help. About the only thing you can get is quick identification of fonts and that is about it, but with what the font you don't get any smart remarks or replies.

I hadn't been on this site in ages because of the way members here treat new members, but I thought I would just hop on and look and here I am seeing the same thing all over again.

Redwave Signs

:goodpost::goodpost:

Pro Wraps,

You speak the truth. I thought this would be a good site to learn things from for someone that truly wanted to get into the sign biz and every time you have a question you get 99 answers of get out of the business or some smart reply that doesn't even answer your question. Nothing of any real help. About the only thing you can get is quick identification of fonts and that is about it, but with what the font you don't get any smart remarks or replies.

I hadn't been on this site in ages because of the way members here treat new members, but I thought I would just hop on and look and here I am seeing the same thing all over again.

Colorburst

Judead,
I know what you mean. However I have learned some good things here. Sometimes you just have to be thick skinned, put on your hip waders and get through the B_LL SH_T (you want to buy a vowel) to get to it.

judead

Somebody needs to start a sign forum that is for people that actually want to talk about the sign business instead of some old guys that have a hard time embracing digital printing and just learned how to type on the internet yesterday. The majority of these are bitter. Not taking away anything from the guys that did this business before computers. I have a lot of respect for you, but things have changed. Quit being so bitter and take a chance to meet new blood. Alright I am getting off of my soapbox before one of those guys takes notice...