• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Whatcha know about 3M Print Film 40C-10R that replaced IJ40C

trakers

Been using IJ35C and IJ40C with good results. Went to order IJ40C yesterday and told discontinued and replaced with 3M Controltac Print Film 40C-10R and 40C-20R.

The one attribute I hated about the IJ35 and IJ40 was the super aggressive adhesive that, at least I, could not snap up once it was down.

3M tells me this new film has both Comply and Controltac. Does Controltac actually work as advertised?

Thoughts or anyone who is using the new film.

Some info here: http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/1001244O/product-bulletin-40c.pdf

Christian @ 2CT Media

Its the same thing... just now they have a designation for Gloss and Matte.

If you want a product that works really well in comparison to IJ40, try ARLONs new 4600LX... its way better, at least in my opinion!

LCS

Played with it at the SGIA show, Works as advertised in a consistent temp/show setting but haven't ordered yet so let us know.

LCS

It slides like a dream, but not everyone's shop is exactly 70 degrees with 0% humidity....

trakers

Def not the same aggressive initial tack as IJ40.

Adhesive pattern is different and just looks like squares with lines in between.

Adhesive seems thinner too.

More after I laminate and apply some.