Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's A Decent Upgrade From SP-540V?

Discussion in 'Roland' started by GivenToFly, Jul 30, 2020.

1. GivenToFly

GivenToFly New Member

Jul 30, 2020
    Texas
    Hello. I'm relatively new to the print world. I bought a good used Roland SP-540V about 2 months ago, and it came with a ton of extras. I spent a few weeks getting a feel for it, and eventually migrated it into our daily business. Well, it's paid for itself twice over in about 3 weeks, and stays printing constantly. So I'm looking to get another one. I don't mind getting another 540 just like what I have, since I'm pretty familiar with it now, but is there a model that you might suggest that might be a bump up from the 540? I'm not looking to get a new printer yet, just another reliable used one in the $4,000 to $7,000 range.

Thanks,

Greg

Tags:
  2. hand851

hand851 Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com

Nov 22, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    CJV30-130 Mimaki CMYK only

3. premiercolour

premiercolour Sales and services from S. California

Roland: VS540, VS540i, print & cut
    Mimaki: CJV30, CJV150, print & cut

4. DoubleDiamond

DoubleDiamond Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Texas
    VP 540. 4 heads instead of two and exact same machine, but exactly double the speed. We upgraded to an XR-640 and 3 years later got a second one. Workhorse. Not a learning curve really. Same results, different internal technology, same software... just 4 times faster than the SP... exactly 4 times faster, so 2 times the VP when the same file is ripped at the same quality. Just my opinion.