• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What's a good price? Edge II / Envision

natedawg9640

Hi all, I'm in the market for a used Edge II and an envision 375 plotter. What should I plan on spending? What would be considered a fair value for a nice clean used setup?

iSign

well, many edge 2 owners were offered $6K trade in value, to upgrade to an edgefx.
I'm sure there were many (like myself) who thought that was way to low. As the original owner of an edge 2 I've taken extremely good care of for about 9 years now, and continue to get like new results from, it would be foolish to sell it for $6K.

That said, I know they have sold for less, because we live in interesting times, and businesses are closing up every day. I guess I'm saying $6K would be good in my opinion.

The Envision was over $8K new I believe, so I don't think half that would be unreasonable, in good working condition.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I personally think the $6K trade in value is misleading since one must be willing to spend the money for an Edge FX to take advantage of it. The true value is only determined by what buyers and sellers in the used equipment marketplace decide.

Here's a link to an ad in our own classifieds that is pretty closed to what you are looking to buy.

Browner

Prices seem to be all over the map on these.

Used EDGE IIs routinely sell for less than $4,000 or less on eBay... but usually they're from auction houses that don't know the condition. I've seen auctions end for as little as $1600. I'm tempted to start snatching one up just for spare parts (considering a power supply is nearly $1000 from Gerber).

You can get a used EDGE II from Advantage Sign Supply for $6,000, or "just" an EDGE for $3,500.

One thing to look for is whether they come with the software or not. List price on OMEGA 4.0 is $3,495... upgrades are a LOT cheaper, so even if it comes with a lesser version of OMEGA, it's probably worth the extra coin.

Not sure about the pricing on the envisions. Don't see them up for sale nearly as often. For the record, I've been quite pleased with my GS15plus for 10+ years.

natedawg9640

well i think i found one. it's an edgeII and 375 plotter, single owner, was inspected and it's in super condition. comes with the 1.xx software (i already have the 2.xx design suite) also comes with 30 assorted foils and some substrate. 8300 for the whole lot.

Tony Teveris

I would go for it. I would upgrade the software, Omega 4.0 is loaded with new features from the 2.xx version you have. I think the $8300 price is really good but then I have free use any time I want to printer, cutter, foils, etc.

kennygyl

That's a really good price for what you get. We bought ALL new and if I remember right it was $23k or more with the Omega software that has since been updated. I'd bite on that anyday. Best of luck to you. Just know that if you've never used an Edge before you are in for an interesting learning curve especially when you print gradients and halftones. Enjoy the experience.

natedawg9640

I run two of them at work. I love the things.

I am in the market for an inexpensive used laminator now. i don't need anything bigger than 16 inches or so, as i'll just have the edge for now, so if anyone sees something, let me know!