Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's is for Lunch?

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Texas_Signmaker, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    My head is going to explode and I need a simpler thread to read...but very important none the less. I'm much more interested in food then politics, at least that's something I can directly control (most of the time :) )

What are you guys getting for lunch during the day? I need some ideas because I am stuck in a rut between 3 or 4 restaurants.

Chick-fil-a and Chipotle are my main ones (because I'm gluten free). I also go to a BBQ joint in a gas station called "Texas Best". If I'm moving at a slower pace I'll hit up Chili's and Jason's Deli.

Tags:
  2. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    Gluten-free-dairy-free-vegan-cheeseburger-600x542.jpg

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    Too quiet in here
    a6Mj8ob_460s_v1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    It might help to make and pack your own lunch, so you can control it. Eating out everyday, gets expensive and takes time away from the shop, unless you're getting it delivered. My wife packs me a lunch about 90% of the time. Bananas, pretzels, some snack veggies, a sandwich of some sort, and I go through about 1/2 gallon of well water at work alone. Always a small breakfast, except on weekends and nice suppers. We eat out maybe one night a week, so we make it worthwhile. Not being gluten intolerance helps. I never understood this gluten free stuff. Everyone I know who has been diagnosed, is always cheating on their diet and making excuses, but they're still alive.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Tell me about it, I know others too that say Gluten free but cheat...which I dont get. I accidentally ate regular bread thinking it was my potato bread and it was bad news for two weeks.

Other people say they take pills to help them eat gluten, which sounds stupid...If your body says no then dont eat it.

I usually spend 3-4 days a week on the road doing installs and tried pack lunches but when sandwiches and processed meat isn't an option it becomes limiting.

6. White Haus

White Haus Formally known as RJPW..........

Apr 6, 2018
    Winnipeg
    I bring leftovers most of the time.....so what's for lunch is whatever was for dinner last night! :D Even more motivation for me to cook good food for dinner I suppose.

Today however I don't have any leftovers because I was too lazy to make a real dinner last night and just BBQ'd some smokies....so no leftovers for me.

I'll probably hit up Subway only because we have one that's a drive through by the shop and it's convenient.

7. Johnny Best

Johnny Best Very Active Member

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
    You need to find yourself a wife who is a great cook and have dinner waiting for you every night.

8. 2CT Media

2CT Media Very Active Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Ham, about 8 more pounds left to get through. Dang Easter ham.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious! Hilarious! x 2
  9. billsines

billsines Member

May 24, 2016
    Lagrange
    leftovers 90% of the time. yesterday was fajitas at home, so fajitas for lunch today.

we get into dinner ruts at home sometimes. pinterest can help with that. although the weather is starting to break here, so the grillin' menu is coming back out.

and of course, there's always smoked meat off the big green egg. if you don't have a smoker like a traeger or a big green egg, you can open up a whole new world of lunch for yourself. i know a guy from church that smokes on the weekends and eats lunch off that for the whole week...

10. mfatty500

mfatty500 Active Member

May 10, 2010
    Sugar Grove, Ill
    I eat Musgo everyday for lunch: It's been in the fridge to long so it Musgo...

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 2
  11. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Having leftover pizza with fried onions and pepperoni today. Maybe tomorrow, based upon what I eat today.

12. Evan Gillette

Evan Gillette Member

Dec 5, 2018
    MN
    I have my own personal chef at the shop...chef boyardee

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  13. unclebun

unclebun Active Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Osage Beach, MO
    Fortunately I live only about 2-3 miles from my shop so I go home for lunch. Eating out every day becomes a drudgery for me. When I do eat out for lunch, it's by choice, and a pie from the craft pizza/craft beer place next door is what I often choose.

14. Stacey K

Stacey K Getting Back in the Game

Jun 20, 2018
    Wisconsin
    I eat the exact same thing almost every day. 2 eggs for breakfast, salad or peanut butter toast for lunch. I snack on pretzels. If I'm lucky, my sister brings me a sub from Subway on Thursdays. Friday's I eat out. Very, very boring.

15. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    Just got the best kind of lunch here. My old man wanted to do a banner for his buddy's bbq joint for free. He just came through the door with a few pounds of pulled pork...

• Like Like x 2
  16. 2B

2B Moderator

May 5, 2011
    TX
    also doing the Keto approach.

as a family, we use Sunday for week prep.
    we also ban phones from the kitchen, gives us a chance to "talk"

last Sunday we grilled
    • chicken thighs
    • whole beer can chicken
    • hamburger patties
    • stuffed jalapeno peppers
    lunch today is shredded chicken in a chef salad.
    using vinegar & oil for dressing

yesterday was a "protein style" hamburger

even on a job site, a small cooler with your lunch works great for me