• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What's is for Lunch?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
My head is going to explode and I need a simpler thread to read...but very important none the less. I'm much more interested in food then politics, at least that's something I can directly control (most of the time :) )

What are you guys getting for lunch during the day? I need some ideas because I am stuck in a rut between 3 or 4 restaurants.

Chick-fil-a and Chipotle are my main ones (because I'm gluten free). I also go to a BBQ joint in a gas station called "Texas Best". If I'm moving at a slower pace I'll hit up Chili's and Jason's Deli.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Gluten-free-dairy-free-vegan-cheeseburger-600x542.jpg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It might help to make and pack your own lunch, so you can control it. Eating out everyday, gets expensive and takes time away from the shop, unless you're getting it delivered. My wife packs me a lunch about 90% of the time. Bananas, pretzels, some snack veggies, a sandwich of some sort, and I go through about 1/2 gallon of well water at work alone. Always a small breakfast, except on weekends and nice suppers. We eat out maybe one night a week, so we make it worthwhile. Not being gluten intolerance helps. I never understood this gluten free stuff. Everyone I know who has been diagnosed, is always cheating on their diet and making excuses, but they're still alive.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Tell me about it, I know others too that say Gluten free but cheat...which I dont get. I accidentally ate regular bread thinking it was my potato bread and it was bad news for two weeks.

Other people say they take pills to help them eat gluten, which sounds stupid...If your body says no then dont eat it.

I usually spend 3-4 days a week on the road doing installs and tried pack lunches but when sandwiches and processed meat isn't an option it becomes limiting.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
I bring leftovers most of the time.....so what's for lunch is whatever was for dinner last night! :D Even more motivation for me to cook good food for dinner I suppose.

Today however I don't have any leftovers because I was too lazy to make a real dinner last night and just BBQ'd some smokies....so no leftovers for me.

I'll probably hit up Subway only because we have one that's a drive through by the shop and it's convenient.

Johnny Best

I bring leftovers most of the time.....so what's for lunch is whatever was for dinner last night! :D Even more motivation for me to cook good food for dinner I suppose.

Today however I don't have any leftovers because I was too lazy to make a real dinner last night and just BBQ'd some smokies....so no leftovers for me.

I'll probably hit up Subway only because we have one that's a drive through by the shop and it's convenient.

You need to find yourself a wife who is a great cook and have dinner waiting for you every night.

billsines

leftovers 90% of the time. yesterday was fajitas at home, so fajitas for lunch today.

we get into dinner ruts at home sometimes. pinterest can help with that. although the weather is starting to break here, so the grillin' menu is coming back out.

and of course, there's always smoked meat off the big green egg. if you don't have a smoker like a traeger or a big green egg, you can open up a whole new world of lunch for yourself. i know a guy from church that smokes on the weekends and eats lunch off that for the whole week...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Having leftover pizza with fried onions and pepperoni today. Maybe tomorrow, based upon what I eat today.

unclebun

Fortunately I live only about 2-3 miles from my shop so I go home for lunch. Eating out every day becomes a drudgery for me. When I do eat out for lunch, it's by choice, and a pie from the craft pizza/craft beer place next door is what I often choose.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I eat the exact same thing almost every day. 2 eggs for breakfast, salad or peanut butter toast for lunch. I snack on pretzels. If I'm lucky, my sister brings me a sub from Subway on Thursdays. Friday's I eat out. Very, very boring.

2B

also doing the Keto approach.

as a family, we use Sunday for week prep.
we also ban phones from the kitchen, gives us a chance to "talk"

last Sunday we grilled
  • chicken thighs
  • whole beer can chicken
  • hamburger patties
  • stuffed jalapeno peppers
lunch today is shredded chicken in a chef salad.
using vinegar & oil for dressing

yesterday was a "protein style" hamburger

even on a job site, a small cooler with your lunch works great for me