• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what's next?

asd

I usually never post on these forums to keep the site clean and free of spam, but today is different where is the sign industry going? between material shortages, labor shortages and now in case you did not know fedex will take up to 10 days to deliver your packages if you are shipping ground. 10 freaking days

visual800

Its called, people will have to learn to adjust and wait. Its also called my personal favorite "No you aint gonna get that in 2 days and are more than welcome to go somewhere else" This is a world problem not just a sign company problem. This too, will pass and everything will return to normal until the next set of democratic idiots take over again

netsol

i will add to your rant (no offense)

i bought a machine last week. my time is very tight & i wanted to pay & delay pickup so i said i would over night the payment

post office was $27 nj to massachusetts

i checked ups (we always use ups for stuff) $57

it used to be there was a few dollars difference between USPS & UPS in my opinion worth money, BUT NOT DOUBLE

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
We use a same day delivery service for those who need it.
There are plenty of options out there to solve problems.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I bought my first printer in December and I'm so glad I did. There's so many vinyl shortages and even if you can find it, it takes forever to look at 5 different websites to find a few yards of vinyl. Now I can just print instead of wasting time looking for vinyl (for most projects, not all)

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
As far as vinyl goes, I think you'll find that more and more of the little guys are going away and you can only find it at the Fellers and Grimcos of the world. As a smaller dealer, a large portion of our sales used to be vinyl 10 years ago. While we do still carry some basic vinyls and laminates, it's virtually impossible for us to compete with the guys who bring in multiple pallets a week. In a lot of cases our cost is what they're selling it to the general public.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see one or more major printer manufacturer abandon the dealer model and go completely direct within the next 10 years.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
As far as vinyl goes, I think you'll find that more and more of the little guys are going away and you can only find it at the Fellers and Grimcos of the world. As a smaller dealer, a large portion of our sales used to be vinyl 10 years ago. While we do still carry some basic vinyls and laminates, it's virtually impossible for us to compete with the guys who bring in multiple pallets a week. In a lot of cases our cost is what they're selling it to the general public.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see one or more major printer manufacturer abandon the dealer model and go completely direct within the next 10 years.
I think there are manufacturers in many industries that are exploring the direct sales model. The dealer model is good in some cases but limiting in others, especially if you're just an ancillary product that distributors sell at their convenience.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Kinda of puts it all in perspective; What is this font, or why are they bombing us? One of these questions can be answered.

You sure are having a tough time with that font. You're asking for help, all over the place. Just wait til people,start waking up, I'm sure you'll get your answers.

rjssigns

I think there are manufacturers in many industries that are exploring the direct sales model. The dealer model is good in some cases but limiting in others, especially if you're just an ancillary product that distributors sell at their convenience.
Ford Motor Company is on a multi-year path to sell electric vehicles direct to consumers. Interesting how they are going to circumvent the dealer network. It will be called the Model-E division. Since it never existed and sells a "unique" product it neatly sidesteps dealer/franchise agreements and applicable laws.
Since everybody gets their "cut" there is lot more profit in selling direct. Ford is targeting 10%.