• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What's "straight" on a van?

Baz

Even if you follow the middle line it will still look crooked. My opinion ... Base yourself off the middle line and raise your graphic a bit on the midsection of the van. This will reduce the amount of difference with the top line and make the graphic flow better with the all the lines on the van.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Start drinkin' and they'll all look straight while you stumbling around.................. :bushmill:

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Here is an image showing what body lines are straight horizontals. The visual shows what ProWraps was saying "the only "straight" horizontal line on a ford van is the indent groove about 12" above the bottom. its is straight to the vehicle the full length." The bottom of the doors and the bottom of the van between the wheel wells are straight too and you can hook a tape.

Where the OP installed the graphic I would have used the top of the "belt line" It is the closest strong horizontal. When in doubt position the graphics where you think they should be and stand back as far as you can and check at the graphics on the vehicle. We always cut our graphics square because the liner and mask influence what you think is level. If your doing 50 truck doors you can stop measuring after a few and eyeball the graphics.

Untitled-1.jpg

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
On some vehicles it is easier to tell if they are straight or not.
Either way, we need to find middle ground and all get along.......

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• ColorfulBus.jpg
    ColorfulBus.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 74

OldPaint

those ford vans..............like others have said the only STRAIGHT LINE is the bottom indent. the side panels on these lose 2 inches from the edge of the front door, to the back near the tail light..........IF YOU FOLLOW THE BELT LINE. also the roof slopes down to the rear. on these i ask the client and show them what lettering will look like if i follow the belt line or if i adjust it to make it look level.