• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Whats the Best Digital Vinyl to Use...Please Help

wolf

Hi guys I am finding the results all vary when printing eco solvent between canvas, MPI 3000 and other vinyl for digital printing.

The issue I am having is small bits of dust effects gloss vinyl and it does not effect canvas for example. The prints on the MPI3000 are fairly decent.

The Gloss vinyl I have used is the Mojave SPM series and it seems to attract dust. Is it my setup or are some vinyl's different.

I am thinking if I use a Matt or Flat White Vinyl compared to a gloss will help fix this problem. Once laminated it will have the shine back.

Can anyone share your thoughts and experiences about this please and if you are using a vinyl that prints well would you like to share it.

Your help will be appreciated.

Thank You

Joe

petesign

I am wondering, how do you have so much dust? I have a pretty dirty shop at times, but dust doesn't seem to affect my prints at all. I would suggest some sort of air filter. I print on a LOT of different types of vinyl, primarily use 3M IJ-35 and since almost everything is laminated, it makes no difference to me if it is matte or gloss since the final product is the finish of the laminate.

On vinyl banner material I find that the ink seems to set better on matte finish though.

A clean shop is a happy shop, I learned that 20 years ago in high school, and it's been some of the best advice ever... Though a clean desk is the sign of boredom :)

FatCat

Joe, first off different materials will require different settings on your rip and printer to acheive the best results. Which includes resolution, heater settings, number of passes, etc.

If you're getting dust on your prints, it is probably due to the environment in which your printer resides. Typically we wipe our material down with a Swiffer or similar dust cloth after loading new material and in between printing jobs. However, if your room is particularly dusty you may need to invest in a commercial dust removal unit like those from Island Air. http://www.islandcleanair.com/