• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What's the best ICC profile for printing on SV480Cv3 with XR-640?

StephieDude

Has anyone found the best profile/settings for printing on Envision specifically with the XR-640? My prints are not turning out crisp and vibrant like they need to be. I've been testing out different settings, but nothing has worked yet....I'm scratching my head over here.:frustrated:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
ICC profiles will print differently depending on environment, print head type and condition, media being used, ink being used and how the file's color settings are setup. For this reason, asking which profiles works for someone else is not going to do you much good. An actual example I have experienced is a profile I use in Denver that works very well put too much ink down during an install in Seattle.

So to answer your question, the best profile to use with your machine, in your environment, and with your material is a custom made one using a spectrophotometer and profiling software.

The second best profile to use would be one that you found through trial and error. Make a color chart and print it out using as many profiles and settings that you can. Pick the one that looks best and run with it.

Signs Express

We've had similar experience with Eco-Sol Max inks and our VP540 on the SV480 material. We switched back to IJ180cV3 because we got far superior print quality.

I would recommend checking 3M profile center or Roland's new profile website to see if they've release one specifically for your printer yet.

As for
Has anyone found the best profile/settings for printing on Envision specifically with the XR-640? My prints are not turning out crisp and vibrant like they need to be. I've been testing out different settings, but nothing has worked yet....I'm scratching my head over here.:frustrated: