Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the best mirror gold vinyl for outdoor use?

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by Kottwitz-Graphics, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Kottwitz-Graphics

Kottwitz-Graphics Very Active Member

Sep 25, 2006
    Ridgely, MD
    Hey, guys.

I am looking for the best mirror gold vinyl that I can use outdoor on a painted MDO sign.

I did a quick look through the Fellers Catalog, and there were a couple that were listed as having some that was good for a year or two.

Is there a mirror Sign Gold that I can get (something that I can edge seal and get a good life out of)?

Thanks in advance,
    Mark

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    there might be some listed in various catalogs, but I'd never trust them. Don't offer mirrored -gold for exterior use.

The only one I would consider would be Sign Gold's Mirrored Finish. It's expensive, but you have half a chance with that stuff.

3. AUTO-FX

AUTO-FX Very Active Member

Feb 14, 2010
  4. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    Mirror Gold or Chrome don't come out of my shop. The stuff will not last outside
    UNLESS it is washed often. So we do not even offer it. Besides it looks like something
    a rookie signmaker would do to try and wow a customer.

5. Si Allen

Si Allen Very Active Member

Jul 17, 2004
    For exterior use , you have 2 choices"

SignGold

Real gold leaf.

Everything else is short term!

6. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    gold medal foil, edge printed... it's still not long term outdoor, but at least it's not that polyester crap... not sure of the life expectancy rating, but i still consider it at least a small step above any gold chrome "vinyl'