• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What's the best mirror gold vinyl for outdoor use?

Kottwitz-Graphics

Hey, guys.

I am looking for the best mirror gold vinyl that I can use outdoor on a painted MDO sign.

I did a quick look through the Fellers Catalog, and there were a couple that were listed as having some that was good for a year or two.

Is there a mirror Sign Gold that I can get (something that I can edge seal and get a good life out of)?

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Gino

Premium Subscriber
there might be some listed in various catalogs, but I'd never trust them. Don't offer mirrored -gold for exterior use.

The only one I would consider would be Sign Gold's Mirrored Finish. It's expensive, but you have half a chance with that stuff.

Mosh

Mirror Gold or Chrome don't come out of my shop. The stuff will not last outside
UNLESS it is washed often. So we do not even offer it. Besides it looks like something
a rookie signmaker would do to try and wow a customer.

iSign

gold medal foil, edge printed... it's still not long term outdoor, but at least it's not that polyester crap... not sure of the life expectancy rating, but i still consider it at least a small step above any gold chrome "vinyl'