• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What's the best thing to protect the power cables and all?

S

scarface

Hey, i was wondering what is the best way to keep my machines safe during a lighting storm and what not.

Going to be getting my new SP300i next week and am taking all precautions.

Also, anyone know how long and where the plug ins are located on the 300i? I need to rearrange my area and want to have my comp as close as i can.

Thanks!

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Connections are on the right side when facing the printer. Use a Quality surge protector for the printer.
Short connection between the computer and printer is best.

S

scarface

Thanks! Now all the machine has is a Ethernet hook up and a power cord to the wall right?

ZsVinylInc

We have all of our machines on a huge UPS System. Then all of that is surge protected. We have had the power go out a few times and it has take right over no issues.

S

scarface

Would a surge protector from office depot, staples ect work fine? Any help would be appreciated.

Will have my 30" printer and plotter hooked into it, my 24" cutter is on it's on surge protector with other things.

signage

If you are planning a a UPS what you need to do is find out what the power draw is for the unit with everything running and add 10 - 25% then size the UPS according to this! You will most likely not find one at the local office supply store for the power needed to protect a large format printer with heaters!

mark in tx

I use a surge protector and some common sense.
When thunderstorms and lightning are headed into the area, I keep an eye on weather radar and shut down and unplug the printer when storms are getting close.