• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What's the best way to apply a cutout logo, appliques 2'x2' without visible fasteners

JR's

What's the best way to apply a cutout logo, appliques
to a flat surface without fasteners visible from the front also has to be flat on the back.
Using Alupanel aluminum composite sheet. Quarter-inch. The logo is 2' x 2'.

If this was MDO I could screw through the front fill and paint. But it's not. Or screw through the back and countersink. But this material is a little too thin.

Thanks for all of the help in advance.

Last edited:

unclebun

If the surface to which you are applying the sign is a smooth, painted surface, on which the paint is not liable to peeling off, the VHB tape alone is more than enough to securely hold the sign. In most cases, you will destroy the sign trying to pull it off. If the surface is rough, porous, or liable to absorb moisture, you are better off with an adhesive that can fill the space.

JR's

Thank you for all of the suggestions.

Again this is for a 2' x 2 composite aluminum panel logo being attached to a 4 x 8 composite aluminum panel sign.
the 4 x 8 sign will be attached to the building with physical mounting hardware.
I just didn't want a bunch of screw heads on the logo.

And I was just nervous about the VHB tape. And I know they use it in high-rise construction.
But I never done it before and want to make sure.

I probably will be going with the VHB tape 3M and Lexel adhesive

thanks again everybody.

Andy D

As someone suggested to me in my post, the advantage of using Silicon or Lexel with VHB tape is to create a water proof barrier, so you don't have water collection and freezing.

IVRI

We would use double sided foam tape (1/8") and silicone; easy to apply and remove at a later date if needed.

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
I mean... if it can pull a train car, it can probably hold up yer 1/4" ACM

(still my favorite VHB vid)