Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the deal with this logo?

Discussion in 'Logo Design' started by Peachtree Signs, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Peachtree Signs

Peachtree Signs Member

Dec 4, 2019
    Norcross, GA
    So I got sent this which was made in Corel and you can see the raster pixels in the gradients which I'm sure aren't supposed to be there, so I was wondering if the file wasn't exported correctly and something got lost in translation? she sent me an eps and an ai file and they both look this way. I know I could redraw it but I'd like to know for future reference (I'm sure I'm going to run into issues like this a lot)

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. 2B

2B Very Active Member

May 5, 2011
    TX
    I'm guessing you don't have Corel to open the original file? that the reason for the other formats?
    When you view in wireframe or with nodes, what are you seeing?

my guess is an auto trace of a pixilated logo, that wasn't cleaned up and then vector was added to it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Peachtree Signs

Peachtree Signs Member

Dec 4, 2019
    Norcross, GA
    no I don't have Corel

The wireframe shows the contour of the gradient object but there's a big square around it, I asked her to convert to curves before sending it

4. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    Depending on what version of Illy you are using and what version they saved as, the wireframe is showing you the contour of the clipping mask and the square you see is usually a raster image of the gradient. This happens to us when we get a file that is a newer version of Illustrator than we are using. If it is... you can go to your links palette and see it (it will show up as an embedded image).

• Like Like x 1
  5. WhiskeyDreamer

WhiskeyDreamer Professional Snow Ninja

Aug 6, 2007
    Riften
    I have Corel X8. I could open the file and see what it looks like if you want. I've found that PDFs tend to export better than AI and EPS from Corel.

6. Peachtree Signs

Peachtree Signs Member

Dec 4, 2019
    Norcross, GA
    I just redrew it, I'll ask for PDF next time thanks