• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What's the deal?

phototec

What's the deal on wipers for the Roland Eco-Sol printers, what is the best wiper to use and were can you purchase them for a discounted price (bulk)?

I see many cheaper wipers made of white material, however my SP-540v came with the black rubber with the felt backing, do you have to use these at $25 each?

:help

TXFB.INS

How many machines you running that you need bulk? how often are you changing your wipers?

This goes hand in hand with the ink debate, why risk your lively hood with a 3rd party product.
Yes it is more but is this going to put you out of business and a wiper blade is NOT designed to be changed with great frequency.

phototec

How many machines you running that you need bulk? how often are you changing your wipers?

This goes hand in hand with the ink debate, why risk your lively hood with a 3rd party product.
Yes it is more but is this going to put you out of business and a wiper blade is NOT designed to be changed with great frequency.

I had not changed mine for 6 months, they were curled pretty bad and I decided to change them (I had a spare set on hand), then I started searching and doing some research to order another spare set to have on hand, and noticed it was recommended to change them every 3 months in the summer and montly in the winter, whatever that means.

No, I don't need to purchase in BULK, however I figured it would reduce the cost if I did so.

You didn't answer my question, what do you pay for them and where do you get your NON-3rd party wipers?

Thanks

TXFB.INS

didn't answer your question because I don't know, If you require one I can make up something to answer your question....................... 1 MILLIONS DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!
they are gotten from either dealer or directly from roland

I run a pair of VS640 and replaced one of the the wipers a couple weeks ago after 13 months of use, there was minimal curl. your 6 months seemed too short

CS-SignSupply

We stock and sell the OEM Roland Wipers for $13.50 each. I have seen some aftermarket wipers actually melt and either get stuck to the scraper, break the scraper or disintegrate.

How many are you considering as 'bulk' ?

CS-SignSupply

didn't answer your question because I don't know, If you require one I can make up something to answer your question....................... 1 MILLIONS DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!
they are gotten from either dealer or directly from roland

I run a pair of VS640 and replaced one of the the wipers a couple weeks ago after 13 months of use, there was minimal curl. your 6 months seemed too short

VS and SP different wipers completely. Recommend to replace each, 'as needed'. We normally see this about every 8-10 months if using OEM inks.

phototec

We stock and sell the OEM Roland Wipers for $13.50 each. I have seen some aftermarket wipers actually melt and either get stuck to the scraper, break the scraper or disintegrate.

How many are you considering as 'bulk' ?

Hi Bobby,

I haven't communicated with you since my Flexi Pro upgrade.

Are your wipers black rubber with the felt pad on the back side similar to the Roland OEM wiper?

Do you have the OEM captops also?

The only reason I mentioned BULK, is I found a source on the internet selling a pack of 10, both the individual unit price and shipping would be cheaper then purchasing one at a time.

What is your shipping cost for a pair?

How come I have been searching the internet for a couple of days for wipers and CS Sign Supply never came up?

phototec

If that price is for OEM black/felt Roland wipers I'll probably start ordering from you. I think we're definitely paying at least $25 each and they don't seem to last very long until they're warped/curled. I have no idea how someone would make those last 8-10 months....I change ours almost monthly.

Pat,

Bobby responded to my email:

The wipers for the SP are Black Rubber on one side and a gray colored felt on the opposite.

These are OEM Roland Parts.

This is a good deal.

CS-SignSupply

The wipers for the SP (one wiper with Black rubber on one side and felt on the opposite side) are $13.50 each.

The Rubber Wiper for the VS is made only of rubber and is about $25.00. Plus there is a separate Felt Wiper for the VS also.

Make sure you know which wiper(s) you need.

Give me a call if you have questions.

CS-SignSupply

This might help

Attachments

• Roland-Wiper-Confusion.jpg
    Roland-Wiper-Confusion.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 60