• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help What's the difference between Epson dx4 solvent printhead vs. aqueous?

CJ-NYC

I'm ready to purchase some DX4 printheads online and notice that there are versions for aqueous and solvent -- are they basically the same? The price is the same -- I recall hearing someplace that the solvent heads could be used for both ink types but the aqueous head could -only- be used for aqueous, not solvent.

Is that true? Would I be better off getting just solvent heads? I have multiple Roland machines, some eco-solvent and some aqueous. Anyone know the answer?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The only difference is that one is solvent resistant and the other is not. If you get solvent you can use it in either machine. The aqueous ones will melt in a solvent machine. Mutoh actually stopped selling aqueous heads and switched to only solvent for all of their machines in the last year or so.