• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What's the latest in advertising/signages we can apply on a budget??

paulbaguio

Hi guys, good day. first major inquiry post for me.

I have a client who initially planned to set us up as their banner and printed tarpaulin supplier for 2012 because their initial supplier cannot commit on when they can deliver, and more so they are impressed with our material and print quality so as they mentioned (so it looks like its gonna be a great 2012 ahead of us!). The client is a hypermart of two chains (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypermarket) so we are confident this will be a consistent income to pay for our dues evey month and we need to make sure we satisfy them in terms of print quality and timely delivery. One of their hypermart is just a block away so everything looks good up ahead.

Aside from that, the manager requested us if we can visit his office. Me and the wifey had a talk with him yesterday and he also needed a facelift of their Signs of both store chains. His initial reaction is that he does not want the printed flex (panaflex cabinet lighting type) because its too delicate and may not last years, or the acrylic material type because he said its too old fashioned. He said he wanted something new, and different because it will be for the new logo design of the stores and wanted it to look modern and new and something that will draw back people again. While we understand his concern to have a long term and durable sign, it also left us scratching what he really wanted. He mentioned about using polycarbonate material too.

so to cut the story short, here is a list he wanted:

main signage:

1) Material: as much as possible no flex type (printed or even vinyl sticker on flex), no acrylic. polycarbonate or better or new material.

2) big sign that all can see

3) should look good in the morning (without the lights) but should also have lights in the evening to have a similar or better sign effects.

4) from what i understand this is a class C, D and E type of store so I understand they are also on a budget. (Class meaning A and B are those high end mall or supermarket types, while C, D and E are those catering to customers on a budget,yup this one is C, D and E even for a hypermart type).

totality of the signages:
1) locations of signages: He wanted us to suggest, but main items to consider: big signage infront and signs at the sides for commuters to see, plus additional open frames to put banners and printed tarpaulin for their dealers.

my concern is really on the main and Biggest store Sign as the other signs will just be easy to fix (tarps, etc). We tried to research about polycarbonate sheets and we only have 6mm thick solid sheets that may not be too practical to form it into letters, plus it is too expensive exponentially. Do you guys have other ideas aside from polycarbonate? Yes budget is a consideration. I'll do my research, looking at hypermarts in other countries but if you can post some suggestions, I will definitely appreciate ideas, but will also need to learn and probably ask you guys in the process. thanks!

Also, you are not limited to suggest old ideas, because the old ideas maybe something new for my client or even in our area/region. pictures are very much appreciated. thanks!

visual800

I love this scenario:

"I want tires on my car but I want something different and I dont want round"

Flexface is the best choice for size and cost for large signs. next in line would be molded polycarb with painted faces. I have seen flex faces fade within a years time becuase of cheap printing others have lasted to the point the flex was shredded. I bet after the costs are laid out he will make a change of mind.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Signs only come in 2 qualities ... cheap ... and durable ... not both. Give the options, inform of proper life time expectancy and go from there.

paulbaguio

Signs only come in 2 qualities ... cheap ... and durable ... not both. Give the options, inform of proper life time expectancy and go from there.

thanks for the posts guys. yes, initially me and the wife decided we will still include the flex face type as well as the acrylic in the options. whatever it maybe, he will need that new sign so whatever their budget will be, it will bring back his senses as well. :rolleyes:

But please continue posting your recommendations.