• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What's the worst file you've been given to print?

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
they don't have the muscles needed to lift my jock strap.
hefty-smurf-dumbbells.gif

Eforcer

View attachment 164682 View attachment 164683

This was an 18x24 yard sign from years ago... the customer was happy with it...... bruh. (I was back at office depot then - I did not have the pride nor tenacity to argue more than "are you sure this is good to print?" in a very disappointed tone)
Not for nothing. We would not print this at all. It's your reputation at stake. I've turned down plenty of orders because of terrible files. Do you want someone to ask them where they got it printed? I must certainly don't. DON'T PRINT!

visual800

loaded question! as Gnubler said 99% of art is crap. Almost all are jpeg that were produced online or "Cindy" at reception created the logo with her cell phone app. They dont know the fonts, they cant find the fonts, they have no ide how the logo was created BUT one I redo art....ITS MINE! and if you want it youre gonna pay me for it.

Did a nice looking sign for the pville FD in front of a new station, the logo for the city seal they sent was the absolute worst, all their city trucks also had tis logo on it, blurry low res UNBELEIVABLE! i didnt want that crap on my new sign so I redid it. After sign was up I was contacted by the city and they wanted the logo, I told them price and they didnt bite lolol View attachment 164705
2.png

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
The City of Prattville's seal "concept" is pretty terrible: a bunch of complicated seals inside a larger seal. It reminds me of those Matryoshka dolls (the Russian tea dolls that stack inside of each other). Usually it is a committee of not-creative people who cook up ideas like that. "The logo has to include everything!" I mean, good luck at that thing being readable at anything less than a large size!

Not for nothing. We would not print this at all. It's your reputation at stake. I've turned down plenty of orders because of terrible files. Do you want someone to ask them where they got it printed? I must certainly don't. DON'T PRINT!
Neither would I these days. But I was a graphic design grad, fresh out of college, forced to take a -barely relevant- gig at the office depot print center. Wasn't even the print supervisor yet - so I give young past me a pass for this one. I remember the customer being very insistent those were the only files he had, sent from a text message, with my assistance. Those retail print clients are a different breed. :rolleyes: