Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's this called............................... ??

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by Gino, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    I'm gonna start out with a bad word.
    A V E R Y

I've had this roll for probably 15 years or more. It's just a small left over piece, but a customer came in and picked it for some of their theme. I've always called it metal flake gold. SparCal calls it GemLite. I don't have an A V E R Y chart, so I don't know what they call it. Feller's calls it Diffracto-lite Metal Flake, but when she described it, she said it kinda changes colors in a prismatic confetti kinda way. Does that sound geigh or what ??

Anyway, I want mine to remain gold, bright and shiny. Any idea of who I can order this from and today yet, so I can have it by tomorrow ??

Any ideas ??

:thankyou:Gino

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    I'd call it 'ultra-metallic'

3. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    it looks like avery Ultra-Gold SC 900219 M, Oracal has nothing with that much shimmer, the only one that is close in my book is Universal brand Ultra-Metalic Gold

4. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

AVERY calls it ULTRA GOLD UC900.
    ORACAL dont have it.
    FDC has a specialty 2824 vinylfx 004, this one will change colors.

5. warlind

warlind Member

Dec 13, 2006
    I have it in silver. I think they gave it to us when we bought the last plotter. Roll says MP15110 A3534--.

6. aaronJREgraphics

aaronJREgraphics Member

Mar 27, 2012
    on the avery chart i have the closest thing to what you have is the UC900 ultra metallic (ultra gold) get ahold of avery the color code is uc900-481-M good luck!

7. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Thanks all..................

It's ordered and it's not A V E R Y.

It's from TRIM, USA and they guaranteed me it's not an A V E R Y product.

8. bois323

bois323 Member

Nov 24, 2011
    I have the Avery Ultra Gold (Sc 900 219 M) and it look exactly like your pic.

9. john1

john1 Guest

I must be the only one without any issues with Avery. Used their cut vinyls for over half a decade with zero issues. All the shops around me use the same vendor as well. (see's vendor truck in their parking lots delivering)

10. TammieH

TammieH Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Pacific NW
    Why do I get the feeling that Gino does not care for Avery vinyl?

11. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    Arlon also has a comparible version called Gold Series 2000/2050 "high performance cast dazzlers" 5 year outdoor.