• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rant What's up all the Ads

Jeremiah

What's up with all the new ads on the forum ? Seems like in the last week the forum is plastered with sales ads. Click here. Today one was easy way to clean your toilet from rusty water .

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
What's up with all the new ads on the forum ? Seems like in the last week the forum is plastered with sales ads. Click here. Today one was easy way to clean your toilet from rusty water .
Its based on what you search for on your computer. We now know what you search for in your spare time.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That ain't rusty water................. in these times with toilet paper shortages and people staying home and eating more, many people are not flushing regularly and everyone's toilets are backing up..... even into their neighbors. :munchie:

Jeremiah

Actually 99% of my searches are Rock & Roll, or small sign companies going under and selling out their inventory.

WildWestDesigns

Its based on what you search for on your computer. We now know what you search for in your spare time.

Not all the time. It does use fillers as well.

Some of the stuff that has popped up, I have never searched for. Besides that, I have the settings set to not remember anything (as far as cookies, cache, localStorage, IndexedDB goes).

However, one does have extensions such as noscript, adblock plus etc. Noscript is more aggressive (will need to set it up), but because it blocks JS, it does castrate a lot of functionality as well. Really hurts sites that use JS more then they should.