• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Whats wrong? I have a gerber 4b miscutting jobs sent to plotter

vitalsignsofcol

Have had this work horse machine since new and still use regularly...Have graphics Advantange with interface card hooked to it and just resently when I send jobs over it will most of the time start normally but sometimes pauses without cutting anything or it will start to cut and then about 18" out or beyond all of a sudden have a mind of its own and cut a line on an angle and cut right through the letters or go over the same letters repeatily until it is stopped manually. Sometimes it will cut and then all of a sudden just stop all together. When I open up the spool plot page it will then just say idle like there wasnt even a job cutting....I have cleaned it,oiled it,checked for teeth missing. Now its starting to tear edges of letters like its hanging up somewhere. I use a swival knife in pen mode. Tried to slow speed down, made it worse...tried reg. knife in reg.cut mode no difference. I have noticed the my gray interface cabel that goes into the back of my tower looks like it is a little loose but when you pull on it it feels secure. Interface problem or cutter problem? Please help with any advice to try...

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
You mentioned you slowed it down....what exactly did you slow down, the plot speed or the baud rate?

We had similar issues with a 4B, and it all boiled down to the baud rate over-running the cutter. It also helps to use a plot spooler.

"And don't nobody be dissin' this old workhorse".

JB

Jillbeans

I can't help you, since the only things I can fix on a 4B or 4E is a theta belt, and that ain't it.
But there is no shame in using a 4b/GA....I did it for 14 years before buying a Graphtec two years ago.
God I miss the pounce tool and the 100% accurate tracking!
(and yes I still mainly use 15" vinyl)
Love....Jill