• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What's your internet connection?

What's Your Primary Hookup?

• Dialup

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Broadband DSL

Votes: 84 42.9%
  • Broadband Cable

Votes: 90 45.9%
  • Broadband Satellite

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 10 5.1%

• Total voters

zmatalucci

I currently have dsl at my old location, but as of Nov.1, I'll be in the new shop, with comcast cable tv(for customers enjoyment of course), phone,and internet.

Stevo

High speed cable, with wireless, until someone turns the microwave on! That'll kill it for a moment.

Stevo

gabagoo

we have a wireless internet connection and I have no idea what that classifies as. They put an antennae on the roof and it sends our stuff wirelessly. I have to say it costs twice as much as cable I have at home and runs half as fast as well, but cable has not made it to my industrial area as far as I have been told.

synergy_jim

broadband at the shop.... used to have satellite at the house as it was our only option, but I got tired of paying $80.00 a month for that crap that Hughes calls broadband.....

I heard a rumor that DSL will be available in my area before the end of the year, but I'll believe it when I see it....

Craig Sjoquist

when designing web pages ... always expect many to still be on dial up, with small screens... that way ya get 100% connection with all, also good google referal,

even though most use DSL and cable ... till this world catches up expect slow and small

DOGraphics

dial-up at home (loaction just past B.F.E.)

high speed at work. Not sure but I think through telephone line.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Wildblue satellite. Slightly better and cheaper than Hughes but on the day any other high speed option is available I'm on it.

synergy_jim

Hate to say it but in this day and age with the high speed being affordable (i.e. cable) and as big as some of the file transfers we as sign people do (FTPs, email attachments, etc). I cant imagine anyone still being on dialup

I can imagine.....

the stats are pretty staggering in rural america....

For example, 2 miles from my shop where my home is, we have no options for high speed internet except for junk overpriced satellite internet.

No cable, No DSL, No Wireless.... And it doesn't look good any time soon...

ryan6916

Alltel Aircard. Not the fastest but we use to have Wildblue and it is way more reliable and faster then that so I'm happy with it.

Joe Diaz

I secretly connect to the Ebay store next door's internet through their wireless network. I'd ask them what they are using, but I think they might get mad.:ROFLMAO:

thewood

This is way OT, but I just noticed that frankensigns and lunatic taskbar are both rocking Young Frankenstein avatars. Did you two plan that out? Almost makes me wanna put up a Marty Feldman. Or better yet Terri Garr. Man, she was incredibly smoking hot in that flick. Anyways, back to your regularly scheduled programming..... :thread

FrankenSigns.biz

Young Frankenstein is HANDS DOWN my all time favorite movie. I can and often do quote any line from the movie. I'd go with Marty Feldman if I were you.

Attachments

• martyfeldman.jpg
    martyfeldman.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 97