• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What's your SC-540 [DX4 head] scan speed?

kffernandez

hi all!

I'm just doing a quick survey of what head/scan speeds people use on their machines. The local roland tech guy specifically said that i should not use the usual default 1000mm/sec scan speed - bec this would bad for the head. he mentioned something in the 650mm/sec range as the safe setup.

since i'm doing my profiles now, i'm not entirely sure if i should clamp everything down at 650mm, or if i could play around the different speeds. not knowing exactly the reasons behind the self imposed limit is really bugging me. has anybody tried higher scan speeds long term without any head issues? thanks!

kelly

kffernandez

wow. continuously? without any problems? no unusual wearing out of the heads / unexpected banding, even while printing solid colors?

kffernandez

thanks for the info. now, i just have to figure out why the heck the local roland distrubutor keeps telling everybody the same thing. :(

mark in tx

i just have to figure out why the heck the local roland distrubutor keeps telling everybody the same thing

Because they are too damn lazy to even look at the different settings of the profiles in Versaworks provided by Roland.