Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your SC-540 [DX4 head] scan speed?

Discussion in 'Roland' started by kffernandez, Oct 7, 2010.

1. kffernandez

kffernandez Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Philippines
    hi all!

I'm just doing a quick survey of what head/scan speeds people use on their machines. The local roland tech guy specifically said that i should not use the usual default 1000mm/sec scan speed - bec this would bad for the head. he mentioned something in the 650mm/sec range as the safe setup.

since i'm doing my profiles now, i'm not entirely sure if i should clamp everything down at 650mm, or if i could play around the different speeds. not knowing exactly the reasons behind the self imposed limit is really bugging me. has anybody tried higher scan speeds long term without any head issues? thanks!

kelly

Tags:
  2. cdiesel

cdiesel Very Active Member

Jan 28, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    We run 1000mm here...

3. kffernandez

kffernandez Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Philippines
    wow. continuously? without any problems? no unusual wearing out of the heads / unexpected banding, even while printing solid colors?

4. cdiesel

cdiesel Very Active Member

Jan 28, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    No problems. XC-540 is five years old, XJ-740 is 2.5 years old. They get used a lot.

5. kffernandez

kffernandez Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Philippines
    thanks for the info. now, i just have to figure out why the heck the local roland distrubutor keeps telling everybody the same thing. :(

6. mark in tx

mark in tx Very Active Member

Oct 25, 2005
    Harker Heights, Texas
    Because they are too damn lazy to even look at the different settings of the profiles in Versaworks provided by Roland.