• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Whats your squeegee type for installing ?

d fleming

Cheapies. I use the solid felt half moons as well.

Attachments

• squeegies.JPG
    squeegies.JPG
    355.8 KB · Views: 338
Last edited:

Breezy85

Cheapies. I use the solid felt half moons as well. And an

I love those ones, especially for unlaminated prints. It also is easy for me to get our air bubbles and wrinkles with those ones.
We have the 3M gold ones as well, amazing, but I prefer the ones with felt on one side so it doesn't scratch prints.

AaronSSsignsKC

I keep 3m gold, an oshee all felt and a white geek wraps in my bag all the time, use all 3 for different applications. Like the rubber softer edge of the 3m gold at times the hard teflon edge of the geek wraps at times and the felt for matte materials certain wrap applications etc.

rjssigns

I used banner tape and stuck suede microfiber to some squeegees. Gave them to my installer friend. Will have to ask if he's used them and what he thinks.

I didn't come up with the idea. Someone on this forum did. If it works it's a dirt cheap solution.

ikarasu

I bought 100 squeegees from China for $70, came with 100 felts installed, and 100 backup felts. They're marked and look the same.as the blue 3M squeegees... But I doubt it.

They are a bit softer, but they've worked.for everything I've done so far .We carry around some.gold and some 6" white ones also... But ever since I got the blue ones I just use them. Once they get too many scratches or scuffs... They're so cheap I just grab a new one .

For the gold we usually grab a wypall tower square and wrap it around.. prevents scuffs on prints.

clarizeyale

I rarely install nowadays but I got a squeegee from a class and it's a gold squeegee (I think it's this cuz it looks exactly like it https://www.grafityp.co.uk/gold-squeegee-70050065)... what impressed me the most was what the instructor used instead of felt.. We thought it was Teflon but it was actually Bondex. Though I wouldn't be able to tell you what kind. (I've kept the squeegee unused incase I needed to compare)...

In the meantime, I just have a bunch of pink squeegees from yellowtools and a pink geek wrap.

sucks I don't install anymore :(

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
I rarely install nowadays but I got a squeegee from a class and it's a gold squeegee (I think it's this cuz it looks exactly like it https://www.grafityp.co.uk/gold-squeegee-70050065)... what impressed me the most was what the instructor used instead of felt.. We thought it was Teflon but it was actually Bondex. Though I wouldn't be able to tell you what kind. (I've kept the squeegee unused incase I needed to compare)...

In the meantime, I just have a bunch of pink squeegees from yellowtools and a pink geek wrap.

sucks I don't install anymore :(

I used to use the Bondex (Walmart stick on repair patch for Nylon down jackets) but switched to Wet Edge squeegees. I got tired of the buffers coming off so I switched to the Geek Wraps squeegees. Both of those are expensive and work well wet ,but over time they don't work as well dry. I finally switched to Monkey Strips and I love them. With monkey strips you can use your favorite squeegees and they are considerably cheaper. They now have it in a roll called Monkey Tails for any size squeegee as well. At about 70 cents each you put a fresh buffer on for each wrap.

clarizeyale

I used to use the Bondex (Walmart stick on repair patch for Nylon down jackets) but switched to Wet Edge squeegees. I got tired of the buffers coming off so I switched to the Geek Wraps squeegees. Both of those are expensive and work well wet ,but over time they don't work as well dry. I finally switched to Monkey Strips and I love them. With monkey strips you can use your favorite squeegees and they are considerably cheaper. They now have it in a roll called Monkey Tails for any size squeegee as well. At about 70 cents each you put a fresh buffer on for each wrap.

I think my boss has bought monkey strips! Like I said, I don't really install anymore so I'm kind of behind on my squeegee game. I bought my set of pink ones then... I focused more on printing LOL. Will definitely try to get the opportunity to use Monkey Strips if I can. Thanks!

JimmyG

3M Gold, 3M blue, solid felt of various sizes & shapes, and blue Lidco with white felt...Thinking about buying The Bill Collector...