• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Whatya think?

qmr55

Design I did for a friend of mine who shoots photography. The overlapping colors won't be a big deal because it will be used mostly for prints and online, not much applied vinyl.

Let me know what you think..

Attachments

• ss2.jpg
    ss2.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 111
  • ss1.jpg
    ss1.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 95

Fitch

Change the colours to emphasise the heart (pink maybe fading to red) that is naturally formed, blending out to the bottom.

Just my .02 cents

Cheers - G

Pat Whatley

Not implying you "stole it" at all. It's a pretty straight concept and I'm sure she'd get many happy years of use out of the one you created.

qmr55

Not implying you "stole it" at all. It's a pretty straight concept and I'm sure she'd get many happy years of use out of the one you created.

I didn't think you did Pat! The guy under you did.

She was at my house earlier today and loved it!

Custom_Grafx

I like it, but after converting to greyscale felt like not too much contrast. I had a bit of a play with it, and noticed if I reflect the S colours, I feel it's more balanced and has more visual interest for me.

I also felt like the "photography" was a little crowded and "tall", and squeezed the kerning a little at the beginning of Sarah.

The above are just my opinion though... sorry I don't mean to change it too much... and I'm no logo pro either :(

Attachments

• SS.jpg
    SS.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

qmr55

I like it, but after converting to greyscale felt like not too much contrast. I had a bit of a play with it, and noticed if I reflect the S colours, I feel it's more balanced and has more visual interest for me.

I also felt like the "photography" was a little crowded and "tall", and squeezed the kerning a little at the beginning of Sarah.

The above are just my opinion though... sorry I don't mean to change it too much... and I'm no logo pro either :(

Good catch on the kerning, I missed that! Thanks for the tips :smile:

Custom_Grafx

Well its pretty darn close sort of looks like ya did.

The only thing similar about it, is the reflected S. Someone with the initials SS asks you to make a logo, and a reflected S doesn't cross your mind as one of the design candidates?

What's the guy supposed to do? Look through every logo on the planet before drafting up some ideas?

Troll alert.

S'N'S

The ss are stretched to high in both and the black looks a bit dark with the rest of the design colors, what about grey? In the first one I would make the top & bottom text wider than the SS as it all looks too narrow. Maybe point the tip of the ss in the middle of the heart and make the vertical line the same height as the rest of the design..Oops forgot to change the SARAH color in the long one but you get the idea.

Attachments

• SS.jpg
    SS.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 107

MichaelAlmand

Custom_Grafx said:
The only thing similar about it, is the reflected S. Someone with the initials SS asks you to make a logo, and a reflected S doesn't cross your mind as one of the design candidates?

What's the guy supposed to do? Look through every logo on the planet before drafting up some ideas?

Troll alert.

10-4 your right my apologies

qmr55

Troll alert.

Thank you!