• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question When exporting from coreldraw as jpeg to rip and print in flexi, prints purple ans not blue

lee a

Hi All. Lately we purchased a few files but when we export as a jpeg from coreldraw to open up in flexisign, the rip and print, prints the blues as purple. I have a funny feeling it is to do with the rip and print with rgb and cmyk but i dont know where to look to alter whether change it in corel or flexi. Should I be exporting the images as a cmyk or rgb from coreldraw? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks

AKwrapguy

Hi All. Lately we purchased a few files but when we export as a jpeg from coreldraw to open up in flexisign, the rip and print, prints the blues as purple. I have a funny feeling it is to do with the rip and print with rgb and cmyk but i dont know where to look to alter whether change it in corel or flexi. Should I be exporting the images as a cmyk or rgb from coreldraw? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks

Why would you be exporting as a compressed jpeg? Are the native files raster or vector? Are you using Flexi design or Flexi production? Are you sure that the color is blue? Is your screen set up properly?

lee a

Why would you be exporting as a compressed jpeg? Are the native files raster or vector? Are you using Flexi design or Flexi production? Are you sure that the color is blue? Is your screen set up properly?
Exporting as a 150dpi jpeg as the image is too large so have to export contour as eps and image as jpeg, im using flexi 10 and coreldraw x8... To rip and print, to print using a cmyk printer, does the image have to go into flexi as an rgb? This is the way I have to export some files, what do u suggest?

AKwrapguy

Exporting as a 150dpi jpeg as the image is too large so have to export contour as eps and image as jpeg, im using flexi 10 and coreldraw x8... To rip and print, to print using a cmyk printer, does the image have to go into flexi as an rgb? This is the way I have to export some files, what do u suggest?

I guess still not sure why your saving down to a jpeg. First if you have to use a raster file I would try an uncompressed format such ad .pdf, .tiff, .png. Look at the 'blue' color and what the RGB/CMYK values are. I had a client that made a 'blue' on their screen but when it printed it was purple, the CMYK was 90%, 100%, 0%, 10%. Maybe look at using a spot color if you can.

As far as RGB vs CMYK, it depends on the colors you want to hit, do a sample print with both see which looks better.

You say that you using Flexi 10... Flexi Design or just the Production Manager?

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Vector art gets exported as eps UNLESS gradients or pantones are used, then it's pdf. If design is raster, then export as rgb tif with LZW Compression NOT jpg or png.

bannertime

I believe the Magenta value needs to be 20 points lower than the Cyan to appear more blue than purple. You can adjust that in Production Manager on the color correction tab.

But, you should really look at exporting to PDF from Corel and just opening it directly in Production Manager. You can setup hot folders that you can save the PDF and it'll automatically load into PM too. No need to open in Flexi to send it to PM.

Vohaul

why even use flexi?...unless its your production manager to send to the machine.....

i use corel all the time, for both design and cut outlines etc. i just send straight to versaworks (production manager) as a pdf and no issues...

and the blue thing is very common...100 cyan and 100 magenta looks blue on screen but always prints purple...(pantone reflex blue also does this)...so ya as said above...cyan 100 magenta 80 will work all the time.....or if you are using a roland machine, the roland colour option is by far the best for beautiful bright colours

bmt Promotions

bmt Promotions
First if you have to use a raster file I would try an uncompressed format such ad .pdf, .tiff, .png. Look at the 'blue' color and what the RGB/CMYK values are. I had a client that made a 'blue' on their screen but when it printed it was purple, the CMYK was 90%, 100%, 0%, 10%. Maybe look at using a spot color if you can.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Always, as in always, send RGB bitmaps Directly to Production Manger. Blues shifting to purples is the hallmark of sending CMYK bitmaps. If your rendering intents for bitmaps is set, to 'Perceptual' then that about as close to what you see is what you get that you'll get. The RIP converts everything to LAB space regardless of what it might be and then converts it to CMYK. It will do a far better job of this than any other software you might own. Also make sure that you're printing at at least 4 times the resolution of the input. I.e. print a 150 ppi bitmap at 720 dpi. This permits 16 printer dots for every image pixel, that's ~4^16 possible colors for each pixel.