• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

When I rule the signmaking universe!

TimToad

Anybody else sick of always either running out of media or laminate before the other?

When I take over the signmaking universe, all rolls of laminate will be dispensed in 175' rolls. Why the manufacturers don't calculate the webbing waste and excess that is used on the front and back of prints is beyond me.

And so it shall be.

2B

while your at it, make the lamination slightly smaller in width for the long runs/shifts

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Haha...... if that bugs ya so much, why not just go back to hand-painting when you would order all the different colors at once.... or better yet, screen printing ink. Ya always hadda have 6 variations of each color on hand at any given time.

If you educated your customers to all pick the same size sign at the same time, you could gang all your sh!t together and be more cost effective........:clapping:

Anybody else sick of always either running out of media or laminate before the other?

When I take over the signmaking universe, all rolls of laminate will be dispensed in 175' rolls. Why the manufacturers don't calculate the webbing waste and excess that is used on the front and back of prints is beyond me.

And so it shall be.

Please include corplast 1" bigger than the media
thank you, you have my vote

Marie

If I was ruler, I would have a waste tank on printer that beeped when it was 90% full - not one that just leaks everywhere when it is 110% full because "someone" forgot to keep an eye on it!

Speedsterbeast

I would have it so the new rolls of material only had an inch of tape to hold down the loose end and not have it wrapped around the entire roll three times. It only wastes a bit but it adds up over years of buying material.
..Oh and would it be hard to include a shot of Tequila inside the cores?

TimToad

I would have it so the new rolls of material only had an inch of tape to hold down the loose end and not have it wrapped around the entire roll three times. It only wastes a bit but it adds up over years of buying material.
..Oh and would it be hard to include a shot of Tequila inside the cores?

Yes, you've added two more edicts for me to pass down.

That's some pretty country up there where you're at. We used to drive from to Chicago to Red Lake every summer and do a week in one of those fly in fishing camps and I've canoed in the Quetico before. Looks pretty chilly right now though.

Niun

Waffle Baron
Once you become Supreme Sign Ruler, maybe you get the vendors to cut 4x8 sheets of corex to the correct size... Can never get a squared piece of corex to save my life