• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

when printing reds

dolce05

I have a vehicle that we are printing and the fade from burgundy to red is very blotchy. I thought maybe its was something different we did in photoshop but it only does it with transitions when printing shades of red. Any thoughts?? . Its not the media and we checked older files which are printing the same.

dolce05

thanks Pat. Printing on a VP540, Avery 1005 vinyl, Printer 40c Dryer 45c , Printing 720x720 (standard), Head Height (High), Eco-Sol Max ink. Only seems to be with Reds.Besides this red vehicle we are printing, last week we had a 4x10 face printed purple and the red stripe (approx 8" high running across the 10') had that same blotchy effect. The purple area had no effect. It resembles clouds . And only does when achieving a gradient.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 151

a77

Looks like what I get with Avery 1005 . Sometimes better, sometimes worse. You said its not the media. No other media does this for me. Seen it mostly on reds. To a lesser effect with greens. Showed supplier and they replacesd the roll immediately. New roll was way better bit not perfect.

I think Pat is right, head height should be lowest for this vinyl.

klemgraphics

Looks like what I get with Avery 1005 . Sometimes better, sometimes worse. You said its not the media. No other media does this for me. Seen it mostly on reds. To a lesser effect with greens. Showed supplier and they replacesd the roll immediately. New roll was way better bit not perfect.

I think Pat is right, head height should be lowest for this vinyl.

I have the same blotchy problems when printing this media, never know until you start how bad it's going to be. Hate printing that stuff but love installing it. I have switched back to 3M because of it.