Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When will WINTER END !!!!! any ideas??

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by CentralSigns, Mar 3, 2011.

1. CentralSigns

CentralSigns Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Golden BC
    Got a foot and a half of snow in the last week. Soon gonna have to dig out out windows to see outside. Last night I watched Swamp People and Billy the Exterminator and was wishing I was in some bug, alligator, snake infested swamp in nowhere Louisiana. Tired of the cold and the snow. Will winter ever end? If the snow doesn't stop piling up, the swamps here from runoff will eat my house in May. Any one else tired of the snow and cold??

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. cdiesel

cdiesel Very Active Member

Jan 28, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Jeez.. I wore shorts and short sleeves today.. I think it was like 80*.

Not bragging or anything. :)

3. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    We had some record snow this year, but teh Witch Hazels blooming so spring is on it's way.

4. Custom Bob

Custom Bob Member

Dec 15, 2004
    I was sick of winter by last October. lol
    I want to move South and every Winter I get closer and closer to just packing my bags and going.
    I'm just afraid I'd miss New York State with the 7 months out of the year we have cold weather and all the high taxes we pay in this great State. I can't wait till gas hits $4.50 a gallon and higher.

5. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

its over here!!!!! heres the weather for this weekend and next week!!! http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USFL0399
    my cirtus in budding, peach, pear, blueberrys are leafing......and here is a japanese magnolia/tulip tree in our yard last week!!!!

Attached Files:

6. jiarby

jiarby Major Contributor

Feb 11, 2007
    Spring is here... My veggie garden goes in the ground this weekend, and has been growing from seeds indoors for a month now.

7. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    you know you're just trying to make me jealous!!

...but it's now working, :smile:

...me and my snowboard arrived here in Seattle last night, and meet up with my son & daughter tomorrow & then up to Mt. Baker... where they have had 8" new snow in the last 24 hours & are anticipating 14" by the time it slows down!!

8. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    I'm glad you enjoy our snow...I don't, but at least we ought not have any drought this year. Should be a good yearly snowpack to feed the reservoirs.
    Give me a call while you're in town Doug. Maybe we can get together for a beer or something.

9. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    I'd like that Brian!
    I'm here right now... drinking disgusting cheap white wine because my brother didn't leave any brews here & I hoped he'd get home to go out for a few after dinner. Instead, he has been doing surgeries all day, and has been on call ever since, so he left for the hospital 18 hours ago & I haven't seen him yet... I think he decided to sleep there because he has 6am meetings.. but then at least he get's the weekend off to join me and my kids on the mountain!

I gotta round up both kids & make the trek up to Mt. Baker tomorrow, so maybe I'll get down in time Monday to give you a call. Everyone flies out Tuesday, but after I return the SUV, my next trip is to see my mom in Chicago for 4 days! I come back around 6pm Saturday though, and have 18 hours to kill, without renting another rig. Maybe I could bribe you to play taxi, or could I could take a shuttle & then offer to meet you in my brothers neighborhood by Volunteer Park late Saturday night for a few beers!

10. CentralSigns

CentralSigns Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Golden BC
    Have a good time Snowboarding ISign. Thats pretty much what happens all winter here but skiing instead, steep and deep. Sign work is getting in the way. We used to have the most vertical ft in runs in North America, 4200 ft and 250 inches of snow this year alone. Not a record year for snow but a real good snow year here.

After a while you wish for spring though. All you snow-less places make me sick. Planting gardens already, be May here, Maybe I need a warm winter break into a t-shirt climate or something.

11. Dave Drane

Dave Drane Very Active Member

Sep 24, 2003
    When will WINTER END !!!!! any ideas??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When Summer ends here.. I can't wait for winter to come. Just the most terrible summer and now it is extending into autumn.

12. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    Nice amount of snow there ,, ahh to be skiing and snowboarding, or even a nice cool morning shoveling out the car and drive ahh yes thats living...

Excuse had enough of that even though they are great fun and all but it's 86 today for a high ...perfect

13. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    you only got a foot of snow? lucky you. last Friday, we got over 14" follwed by a nasty ice, sleet snow type storm on Monday. then the temps dropped. it was -11 yesterday morning and -4 today. tonight we are expected to get 50 MPH winds. spring is only a couple of weeks away and the only sign of it are the frost heaves that are so bad they all but wreck your car while you are all ready slowed way down because of the black ice and pot holes. there's one frost heave that is more like a thurst fault as it is lifted about a foot on one side so when you hit it, it's like hitting a wall. we don't call spring "spring" around here, we call it mud season as that's all there is everywhere. as soon as the mud dries up, we have one day of nice weather and then, bang, it's 100% humidity (and not raining)and 99 degrees for the next few months, then we do it all over again.

14. Steve C.

Steve C. Very Active Member

May 22, 2003
    Same here... but I will probably wait another week before putting in the
    ground. We may have a late freeze this week end, but it has been unseasonably
    warm and lots of green things coming up.

15. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    The smart money is on March 21.

16. CustomCarves

CustomCarves New Member

Feb 22, 2011
    We have about 4 ft in our backyard and 12 ft banks in our front yard :(

I estimate all ours will be gone by next August lol

17. wes70

wes70 Very Active Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Canada
    I'll 2nd that!

18. Tim Aucoin

Tim Aucoin Very Active Member

Agreed Bob!
    Doesn't matter to me here. I'm starting to get used to waking up to -25C mornings and having highs of -19C to -23C with wind chills of -38C every day for the last 3 weeks! :banghead::banghead: I mean, who needs spring and all that ugly green grass when we have a beautiful white covering of snow and that amazing crunching sound under your feet as you try not to fall on your a$$ while you make your way to your truck to let it warm up for 20 minutes so you can go to work, park outside and do it all over again at 4:30 to go home! :frustrated::frustrated: No, I'm loving this winter stuff, really!

19. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    grinning ear to ear as I read today's report!

20. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    I love the snow! I would kill myself if I had to be in the 90's and 100's in the summer. It's a trade off for decent weather in the summer. Plus, I plow snow, so it's like money falling from the sky, and it's a welcomed sight because I'm always CRAZY SLOW in the winter at the sign shop.

They said we'd get 2" tomorrow, now they've called that off, so probably won't be going out.