• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

When will WINTER END !!!!! any ideas??

CentralSigns

Got a foot and a half of snow in the last week. Soon gonna have to dig out out windows to see outside. Last night I watched Swamp People and Billy the Exterminator and was wishing I was in some bug, alligator, snake infested swamp in nowhere Louisiana. Tired of the cold and the snow. Will winter ever end? If the snow doesn't stop piling up, the swamps here from runoff will eat my house in May. Any one else tired of the snow and cold??

Attachments

• 0303011844.jpg
    0303011844.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 110
  • 0303011844a.jpg
    0303011844a.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 93
  • 0303011845.jpg
    0303011845.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 0303011845a.jpg
    0303011845a.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 106

cdiesel

Jeez.. I wore shorts and short sleeves today.. I think it was like 80*.

Not bragging or anything. :)

Billct2

We had some record snow this year, but teh Witch Hazels blooming so spring is on it's way.

Custom Bob

I was sick of winter by last October. lol
I want to move South and every Winter I get closer and closer to just packing my bags and going.
I'm just afraid I'd miss New York State with the 7 months out of the year we have cold weather and all the high taxes we pay in this great State. I can't wait till gas hits $4.50 a gallon and higher.

OldPaint

its over here!!!!! heres the weather for this weekend and next week!!! http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USFL0399
my cirtus in budding, peach, pear, blueberrys are leafing......and here is a japanese magnolia/tulip tree in our yard last week!!!!

Attachments

• pottery 066.jpg
    pottery 066.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 76
  • pottery 069.jpg
    pottery 069.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 92
  • pottery 073.jpg
    pottery 073.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 96

jiarby

Spring is here... My veggie garden goes in the ground this weekend, and has been growing from seeds indoors for a month now.

iSign

Got a foot and a half of snow in the last week.

...If the snow doesn't stop piling up, the swamps here from runoff will eat my house in May.

you know you're just trying to make me jealous!!

...but it's now working, :smile:

...me and my snowboard arrived here in Seattle last night, and meet up with my son & daughter tomorrow & then up to Mt. Baker... where they have had 8" new snow in the last 24 hours & are anticipating 14" by the time it slows down!!

SignosaurusRex

you know you're just trying to make me jealous!!

...but it's now working, :smile:

...me and my snowboard arrived here in Seattle last night, and meet up with my son & daughter tomorrow & then up to Mt. Baker... where they have had 8" new snow in the last 24 hours & are anticipating 14" by the time it slows down!!
I'm glad you enjoy our snow...I don't, but at least we ought not have any drought this year. Should be a good yearly snowpack to feed the reservoirs.
Give me a call while you're in town Doug. Maybe we can get together for a beer or something.

iSign

I'm glad you enjoy our snow...I don't, but at least we ought not have any drought this year. Should be a good yearly snowpack to feed the reservoirs.
Give me a call while you're in town Doug. Maybe we can get together for a beer or something.

I'd like that Brian!
I'm here right now... drinking disgusting cheap white wine because my brother didn't leave any brews here & I hoped he'd get home to go out for a few after dinner. Instead, he has been doing surgeries all day, and has been on call ever since, so he left for the hospital 18 hours ago & I haven't seen him yet... I think he decided to sleep there because he has 6am meetings.. but then at least he get's the weekend off to join me and my kids on the mountain!

I gotta round up both kids & make the trek up to Mt. Baker tomorrow, so maybe I'll get down in time Monday to give you a call. Everyone flies out Tuesday, but after I return the SUV, my next trip is to see my mom in Chicago for 4 days! I come back around 6pm Saturday though, and have 18 hours to kill, without renting another rig. Maybe I could bribe you to play taxi, or could I could take a shuttle & then offer to meet you in my brothers neighborhood by Volunteer Park late Saturday night for a few beers!

CentralSigns

Have a good time Snowboarding ISign. Thats pretty much what happens all winter here but skiing instead, steep and deep. Sign work is getting in the way. We used to have the most vertical ft in runs in North America, 4200 ft and 250 inches of snow this year alone. Not a record year for snow but a real good snow year here.

After a while you wish for spring though. All you snow-less places make me sick. Planting gardens already, be May here, Maybe I need a warm winter break into a t-shirt climate or something.

Dave Drane

When will WINTER END !!!!! any ideas??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When Summer ends here.. I can't wait for winter to come. Just the most terrible summer and now it is extending into autumn.

Craig Sjoquist

Nice amount of snow there ,, ahh to be skiing and snowboarding, or even a nice cool morning shoveling out the car and drive ahh yes thats living...

Excuse had enough of that even though they are great fun and all but it's 86 today for a high ...perfect

Marlene

you only got a foot of snow? lucky you. last Friday, we got over 14" follwed by a nasty ice, sleet snow type storm on Monday. then the temps dropped. it was -11 yesterday morning and -4 today. tonight we are expected to get 50 MPH winds. spring is only a couple of weeks away and the only sign of it are the frost heaves that are so bad they all but wreck your car while you are all ready slowed way down because of the black ice and pot holes. there's one frost heave that is more like a thurst fault as it is lifted about a foot on one side so when you hit it, it's like hitting a wall. we don't call spring "spring" around here, we call it mud season as that's all there is everywhere. as soon as the mud dries up, we have one day of nice weather and then, bang, it's 100% humidity (and not raining)and 99 degrees for the next few months, then we do it all over again.

Steve C.

Spring is here... My veggie garden goes in the ground this weekend, and has been growing from seeds indoors for a month now.

Same here... but I will probably wait another week before putting in the
ground. We may have a late freeze this week end, but it has been unseasonably
warm and lots of green things coming up.

Tim Aucoin

Agreed Bob!
Doesn't matter to me here. I'm starting to get used to waking up to -25C mornings and having highs of -19C to -23C with wind chills of -38C every day for the last 3 weeks! :banghead::banghead: I mean, who needs spring and all that ugly green grass when we have a beautiful white covering of snow and that amazing crunching sound under your feet as you try not to fall on your a$$ while you make your way to your truck to let it warm up for 20 minutes so you can go to work, park outside and do it all over again at 4:30 to go home! :frustrated::frustrated: No, I'm loving this winter stuff, really!

iSign

Mt. Baker has received over 57 inches of new snow in the past 6 days, and forecasts are calling for continued snowfall off-and-on with intermittent clearing as well over the next few days.

Due to the significant recent snowfall, Mt. Baker is issuing a Deep Snow Advisory. Please RIDE WITH A PARTNER, remain in visual contact, and avoid skiing and snowboarding near tree wells.

grinning ear to ear as I read today's report!

TheSnowman

I love the snow! I would kill myself if I had to be in the 90's and 100's in the summer. It's a trade off for decent weather in the summer. Plus, I plow snow, so it's like money falling from the sky, and it's a welcomed sight because I'm always CRAZY SLOW in the winter at the sign shop.

They said we'd get 2" tomorrow, now they've called that off, so probably won't be going out.