• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

when you are ready to throw in the towel

Speedsterbeast

What does a corn dog icon supposed to represent?
I know it's off topic, but really, this thread went from a rant/ sob story to an argument over latex / solvent versus sign brokers ruining the business, so I figure it's as good as a place as any to ask that corn dog question.
Anyone?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I know it's off topic, but really, this thread went from a rant/ sob story to an argument over latex / solvent versus sign brokers ruining the business, so I figure it's as good as a place as any to ask that corn dog question.
Anyone?

I thought it was the international symbol of peace but I could be wrong.

wayne k
guam usa

(whatever you do, don't look up the definition for corn dog in the online urban dictionary)

reQ

Anyone?
:corndog:

Speedsterbeast

I thought it was the international symbol of peace but I could be wrong.

wayne k
guam usa

(whatever you do, don't look up the definition for corn dog in the online urban dictionary)

I think if everyone had a corn dog the world WOULD be a happier place

decalman

Anyone?

I have contemplated the " corn dog" to be a rant.

A corny rank. not as good as this chicken...........

Attachments

• chickendance.gif
    chickendance.gif
    14.9 KB · Views: 101

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I took this thread to the solvent vs latex fight only because I can't understand when i read a silly thing like waiting days for things to dry or "out gas" it makes me wonder why anyone would even want to consider having that as an issue in life when it simply doesn't need to exist....

as far as bashing toad, well, that was just for the fun of it....

reQ

As was mentioned before - people use what works for them... for me for example, i am using Roland solvent printers for over 8 years now without any major problems. Sure from time to time i wish i would not have to wait for outgassing/drying but it did not affect me yet where i would loose contract/jobs etc. Honestly, i would not want to switch right now & go thru learning curve again, unless its a groundbreaking technology (which in my opinion is not) If Roland will come up with a latex machine - i sure will take a look at it

TimToad

As was mentioned before - people use what works for them... for me for example, i am using Roland solvent printers for over 8 years now without any major problems. Sure from time to time i wish i would not have to wait for outgassing/drying but it did not affect me yet where i would loose contract/jobs etc. Honestly, i would not want to switch right now & go thru learning curve again, unless its a groundbreaking technology (which in my opinion is not) If Roland will come up with a latex machine - i sure will take a look at it

I'm in total agreement with you. We bought a business that for the type of work we mostly do, the existing solvent printer was paid for with the purchase and the thing runs perfectly. If latex was the end all to be all, Roland would have jumped on it by now and they wouldn't STILL be the undisputed industry leader in large format printing.

In the example I illustrated that the other poster saw an opening to exploit, we hung the banners mostly for making space in the shop but I didn't literally explain it that way, so the latex supremacist in him saw an opportunity to throw a bash. Yes, I'll admit that with a saturated nearly black full bleed background, its was nice to let them sit for a day before handling them, but we didn't HAVE to do it that way if we didn't have almost three weeks to fulfill the order.

On any given day, we can run plenty of banners that we print, process and deliver the same day.

Ponto

I'm heartbroken. We're all entitled to express ourselves how we see fit. The internet like emails doesn't express emotions or body language. I thanked him and then with tongue firmly in cheek explained why we do things the way we do. You are more than entitled to think of me however it is you like. I like me, most of my friends and family like me, and I'm quite content with my nice, little profitable sign business.

Nothing I stated was untrue, personal or cheap. We make signs here and do our utmost to use our equipment and personnel for the vast majority of work we can in order to keep things local, stay true to our vocation as sign "makers" and keep ours and our employee's days busy. A crime that is not and there was a time when to most tradespeople thought that was a virtuous and worthy business philosophy. Sorry, if I'm not adapting to the 21st century the way you'd prefer.

Sure, I could go rent an office a tenth of the size of my shop, dump my equipment and play signbroker, but I wouldn't be as happy as I am or have been most of my 35+ year career as a signmaker. My creative desire to sell, design, build and take pride in making my ideas come alive in the from of real tangible signs that help my customer's businesses wouldn't be fulfilled. And that my overly judgemental friend is why I do this to begin with.

There's plenty of folks here that rank on the after market ink, media, ordering software, vinyl suppliers, etc. with reckless abandon in much harsher tones than I expressed.

Beautifully stated and my sentiment exactly!!!!

JP

I took this thread to the solvent vs latex fight only because I can't understand when i read a silly thing like waiting days for things to dry or "out gas" it makes me wonder why anyone would even want to consider having that as an issue in life when it simply doesn't need to exist....

as far as bashing toad, well, that was just for the fun of it....
\

I wasn't saying ( sorry must make my post clearer) that I had to let it dry that long, I was explaining how long these banners sat here before I actually gave them to the client and how long they had them before they brought them back.

I was shocked to see that they stuck after all that time, I can only guess that the client maybe stored these somewhere that got cold, than hot or store them where a condensation came into effect. But enough about me, I am enjoying where this thread is going and it is keeping my mind off of the last 2 printing

Gino

Premium Subscriber
\

I wasn't saying ( sorry must make my post clearer) that I had to let it dry that long, I was explaining how long these banners sat here before I actually gave them to the client and how long they had them before they brought them back.

I was shocked to see that they stuck after all that time, I can only guess that the client maybe stored these somewhere that got cold, than hot or store them where a condensation came into effect. But enough about me, I am enjoying where this thread is going and it is keeping my mind off of the last 2 printing

Well, if you're enjoying the thread and you wanna get your mind off things, try this.....................................

attachment.php

55f320be-83c8-4731-b334-231785977a1a

Attachments

• too many cameras.jpg
    too many cameras.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 141