• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where are you? (Motivational)

J

john1

Hey guys, Check out this motivational exercise a mentor of mine sent me this morning.

Draw a line on a piece of paper. On the left end of your line put a letter B for birth. Then at the right end of the line put a big letter D for death. Then find where you are now. Don't over-think, just draw a downward slash line somewhere between B and D and have that be your now. How much life is there left? Between your slash and D? Does it scare you to look at that? Don't let it scare you. Just let it remind you that if you want to do something wonderful, it's now or never. Rise up above that linear line! Create a new memory and act on it.

:thumb:

Jillbeans

Reminds me of a sermon I once heard about birth and death dates on a tombstone. The most important part of those dates is that little dash in between them.
Love....Jill

Justin

I've been wanting to start a comic strip, travel the world like a nomad, visit the deeps of Alaska.. Damn I have 56 years left until I am 80 yrs old. :p

J

john1

yes you are ...you alittle infant lol:ROFLMAO:

I feel privileged to be as young as i am in the game as i am also. I don't know anyone else my age with the machines i have and running a sign company solo so gotta give me some credit :corndog:

SignManiac

About 7/10ths of the way to dead. Thank goodness I was smart / lucky enough to live an incredible life with no regrets! I'm good to go anytime now.

rjssigns

Went for a physical and the Doc said to cut back on the booze. As I was leaving he said: "You realize for every quart of liquor you drink it takes 6 weeks off your life". I started laughing and he asked what was so funny. So I said: "Doc if that was true I would've died in 3rd grade".

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Went for a physical and the Doc said to cut back on the booze. As I was leaving he said: "You realize for every quart of liquor you drink it takes 6 weeks off your life". I started laughing and he asked what was so funny. So I said: "Doc if that was true I would've died in 3rd grade".

Got that right. With those calculations, I'm living in someone else's body or sumptin'

In a week, I knock off 30 weeks...... you need a new doctor :clapping:

rjssigns

Yup.

Sidebar: Ever notice how many of those that "should know better", and are more than willing to lecture us on our evil habits are standing outside of hospitals smoking?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yup.

Sidebar: Ever notice how many of those that "should know better", and are more than willing to lecture us on our evil habits are standing outside of hospitals smoking?

Ahhhhh.... I don't judge the others about that stuff. They can do what they wanna do. I just worry about my numbers and other than my glucose, my doctor told me all of my numbers are excellent considering my age. Cholesterol, triglycerides and other stuff.... perfect, but I now am considered diabetic, although, my numbers in that area have always been around 145 to 160 my whole life. They haven't changed much in over 35 years.

Besides, Bushmill has no effect on diabetes according to the National Diabetes..... and the councilors for it.

I was always told.... don't drink to get drunk, but socially, it's alright. Soooo, I consider myself a very sociable person and if I get drunk, it's just a side effect and not my main goal. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• GINO.gif
    GINO.gif
    19.6 KB · Views: 108

OldPaint

the goal in between B - D, is when you get closer to the D, you can look backward and say YEP, BEEN THERE, DONE THAT, AND ENJOYED IT ALL............then some of us get on the other side of the D,........... AND COME BACK to talk about BEEN THERE DONE THAT, and still iam here)))))))))))