• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where can I donate a Mutoh Valuejet 1304?

pro-packet

I don't really want to post it for free in my local (small) market because I don't want to introduce a new competitor to wide format printing. Thanks for your suggestions.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Might as well part it out to the major expensive components on ebay. Otherwise, good luck finding someone who knows about them to take it in as a donation. If they don't know how to maintain it, have a rip to run it, etc, it'll go bad and then end up in the dumpster in a couple months.

pro-packet

Might as well part it out to the major expensive components on ebay. Otherwise, good luck finding someone who knows about them to take it in as a donation. If they don't know how to maintain it, have a rip to run it, etc, it'll go bad and then end up in the dumpster in a couple months.
ate"

Let me rephrase that. LOL By "donate" I mean this is free to anyone who wants it. It doesn't necessarily need to be a charitable organization or non profit. I'm not looking for a write-off. I just need the floor space!

damonCA21

ate"

Let me rephrase that. LOL By "donate" I mean this is free to anyone who wants it. It doesn't necessarily need to be a charitable organization or non profit. I'm not looking for a write-off. I just need the floor space!
If you can't find someone who wants it to use, get a local scrap man to collect, there is a lot of metal in them. I would agree though, take out the main boards and sell on Ebay, they always go for a decent amount then dump the rest

White Haus

Not a Newbie

Do you think it's worth doing this with a 9 year old Roland XR-640? We're just about to send it off to an electronic recycling place and I'm wondering if it's worth pulling the boards.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Do you think it's worth doing this with a 9 year old Roland XR-640? We're just about to send it off to an electronic recycling place and I'm wondering if it's worth pulling the boards.
Definitely worth more in parts than as a whole. Main boards and other pricey repair parts are always hot items on ebay.

Lisa CP

We have been wanting to rid our shop of a 5-year-old Mutoh, too. Need the floor space and instead of replacing the print head were trying to sell it for the good, useable parts.. We have had no bites on anything for almost a year. We have decided to donate it to the local university/high school for the kiddos to pick at it for some fun on learning how large format printers work.