• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where can i find cheap JV3 heads

bmw_ante

As the title of the tread, where can i find theese ?

And is there someone here running with them? do the work well?

I`m running firmware 7,40

DRamm76

I may be opening up a really big can of worms here, but I just have to ask..why would you want "cheap" heads for a machine that is such a key part of your business? You can't possible tell me you are going to expect "cheap" heads to run REALLY WELL?

Robert M

Mimaki Print heads

I have the Epson Solvent print heads for the Mimaki JV3
My heads are in Roland packaging but Mimaki and Roland use the same Epson heads.
The Roland heads do not include the long metal mounting bracket Mimaki uses, so you have to use the old one. Ship out of Denver Colorado

www.solventinkjet.com

MikePro

i'm currently running 3 printheads from Robert @ solventinkjet

$750 + installed myself vs. $1800/piece for tech to do it.

as far as install goes... good luck, its a pita if you don't know what you're doing. Don't forget to make a manual record of the head i.d.... i've accidentally wiped the code-sticker clean when I didn't realize i had solvent on my hands.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I may be opening up a really big can of worms here, but I just have to ask..why would you want "cheap" heads for a machine that is such a key part of your business? You can't possible tell me you are going to expect "cheap" heads to run REALLY WELL?

Seriously!!!! People are looking to chince out on the most important part of their printer, give me a break man. Buy the real stuff and have a real tech instal it for you. GET A CLUE PEOPLE!!!

speedmedia

+1 for Robert's heads. I have one in my machine that runs flawless. $750.00

If you really want cheap I have some old scratched ones I will sell you....

Thanks,
Kurt

JERHEMI

I agree...I have yet to change a head on my JV-3, but when I do I will spend the money to have the Grimco tech come out and swap it out. I know it will be done right, and if it isn't done right they are responsible for making it right if they want me to continue buying my supplies from them and not go elsewhere.

artbot

ebon in china, $550 each. but shipping it high. you'd want to get a whole box of stuff, not just a single head to make it worth it. solventinkonline is my favorite for quick shipping and good pricing. and there is something reassuring about working on your own machine, just like working on your own car or house. the mystery is gone and you know your equipment.

Seriously!!!! People are looking to chince out on the most important part of their printer, give me a break man. Buy the real stuff and have a real tech instal it for you. GET A CLUE PEOPLE!!!

Correct me if I am wrong, but it is my understanding that the heads being mentioned in this thread for $750 and the OEM heads techs want to sell you for $1,500 are the exact same thing. The difference is the $750 heads cut out the middle man (Mimaki).

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
How is this different then one of your customers buying his own machine and cutting you out as a middle man cause they can do the same thing? You think your getting a better deal by doing it yourself but I guarantee there is more to it than that.

I think the better analogy is replacing an alternator, fuel pump or whatever on your vehicle yourself vs. taking it down to a Ford or Chevy or Dodge dealership.