Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where can I find Classic / Period Designs Clipart

Discussion in 'Clipart, Vehicle Templates and Digital Files' started by John L, Jun 16, 2007.

1. John L

John L Very Active Member

Apr 28, 2007
    I am in need of some panel designs, old school style, like the Golden Studio stuff. I was considering ordering the package from them, but I really only need a few pieces for a current spec project I have in mind. I won't even be getting paid for it...it's just for our display.

Any idea where I could get stuff like that for less of an investment?

Thanks,
    John

Tags:
  2. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    Try eBay!

3. canadianchef

canadianchef Member

Jan 15, 2006
  4. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

DOVER CLIPART BOOKS AT ANY BARNES & NOBLES, scan and vector and cut.

5. geedub

geedub Member

Apr 17, 2006
    google image search what you're looking for and redraw it yourself. no one is going to know that you stole their image.

6. Rick

Rick Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    By the time you scan and vector, you could have probably saved money by purchasing a 210 dollar Golden Studio disc, or an 85.00 Butler Gold disc...and you get a lot more stuff to work with in the future.

7. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    Stealing images isn't a great idea and I hope you don't do that as suggested. Since you're using it for your display to sell this type of sign, invest in the CD and get good artwork to put out there. If that isn't in your budget right now, put together a sample using flourishes found in most clipart. The other thing you can try is to look at Fred's clipart as he can sell you a single piece at a good price.

8. threeputt

threeputt Very Active Member

Mar 10, 2006
    washington state
    Here. Here. Law and order. I love it. (seriously Marlene's correct)

9. imaSIGNr

imaSIGNr Very Active Member

Jan 15, 2006
    I have some great border designs from an old art nouveau clip art booklet. Here is one page.

Attached Files:

10. John L

John L Very Active Member

Apr 28, 2007
    I ordered a couple CD's and have produced the displays in question. Thanks.

11. Just Another Sign Guy

Just Another Sign Guy Very Active Member

Jun 19, 2004
    If you ever even think of purchasing Mike Jackson's collections (GOLDEN ERA STUDIOS) just do it, you can not go wrong. And you get to talk to a legend in our craft (and a heck of a nice guy). If you can only purchase one my pick would be the Americana Collection, OR the Centennial. www.goldenstudios.com