Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where can I find Stock Photos Online?

Discussion in 'Clipart, Vehicle Templates and Digital Files' started by Blake Wright, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Blake Wright

Blake Wright Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Is there a place to find some stock images, photos online royalty free?
    Or for a reasonable price?
    I found a couple but the wanted like $50 per image.
    I need a wedding party, ie: Bride, Groom, Ring Boy, Flower Girl, Brides Maid. All in one picture and just can't find one at all. So finding one I feel safe about putting on a sign seems out of the question.

Tags:
  2. firestorm

firestorm Member

Jan 12, 2006
    We often use istock - their prices are very reasonable.

3. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
  4. Checkers

Checkers Very Active Member

Jul 24, 2003
    What do you plan to do with the images? $50 is cheap for stock photos and, from my experience, they're really not good for more more than web pages. But, here are a few sites...
    office.microsoft.com/clipart/
    www.bigstockphoto.com
    www.comstock.com
    www.gettyimages.com

Checkers

5. geedub

geedub Member

Apr 17, 2006
    shutterstock.com

125 dollars a month, you can download up to 15 a day or something like that.... they even resample the pictures up to 22MP so you don't have to....

6. jmerlos

jmerlos Member

Nov 22, 2005
  7. Geary

Geary Very Active Member

I did a Google and got like 170 million hits for "stock photos online". Go figure.

G.

8. Baz

Baz Very Active Member

There's some good links posted here (some i knew of and others i didnt). Thanks allot!

9. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Can you spell digital camera? Last week I couldn't even spell professional photographer ... this week I are one (because Best Buy had a special on Canon Rebels).

The good stuff that sells for big bucks travels from film to drum scanners to color correction to market. The rest is a flood of shoot till you fill the memory chip, upload it to istockphoto and see if anybody buys anything.

Kinda reminds me of the complaints I hear about newbies and plotters.

10. Flame

Flame Major Contributor

Apr 26, 2006
    Vancouver
    Even I don't just fill up my memory chip and post it. I know a lot of guys who do though. I delete an average of about 1 out of 10 shots before I even download them onto the computer. I do magazine work a lot and they demand the best you've got, so why even download the cruddy ones?

JMO

11. Blake Wright

Blake Wright Member

Jul 24, 2006
    I gave up after the first 100 Million.

Then figured I'd just ask to see if there were a few good places that most designers went to.

Wasn't just being lazy

12. cvele

cvele New Member

Jul 4, 2006