Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where can I find street sign connectors/adapters for poles that are 1 7/8" in diameter?

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by WhatsYourSign?, Jul 16, 2019.

1. WhatsYourSign?

WhatsYourSign? Member

Jul 13, 2018
    Virginia
    I'm looking for connectors that are 1 7/8" in diameter that mount on top of the poles that I can then connect street signs to.

It looks something like what you see in the image below:

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance for any help!

Tags:
  2. Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay?

Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay? Very Active Member

3. WhatsYourSign?

WhatsYourSign? Member

Jul 13, 2018
    Virginia
  4. Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay?

Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay? Very Active Member

In that case, I'd say you could maybe go with a 2" square post cap. It should still work, you just may need to drill and tap new set screw locations that are closer to center or use longer set screws.

Another option might be to find some galvanized 2.25" OD pipe with a 1/8" wall, cut them to whatever length you need, slit them, and use them as adaptors between the posts and post brackets.

• Like Like x 1
  5. equippaint

equippaint Very Active Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Florida
    Heres a pipe chart, might get lucky with 2 3/8 OD and 1 7/8 ID to make a sleeve like was said above. I think sch40 2" is 2 3/8 OD, not sure if that's too loose?
    http://www.msisupply.com/pipes-technical

• Like Like x 1