• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where can I find street sign connectors/adapters for poles that are 1 7/8" in diameter?

WhatsYourSign?

I'm looking for connectors that are 1 7/8" in diameter that mount on top of the poles that I can then connect street signs to.

It looks something like what you see in the image below:

GT8WCAU.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help!

2 3/8" is the standard these days but some of these posts are 75+ years old (old manufacturing facility) and I guess the standard pole size back then was different than it is today.

In that case, I'd say you could maybe go with a 2" square post cap. It should still work, you just may need to drill and tap new set screw locations that are closer to center or use longer set screws.

Another option might be to find some galvanized 2.25" OD pipe with a 1/8" wall, cut them to whatever length you need, slit them, and use them as adaptors between the posts and post brackets.