• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Where can I find tools spec charts to set up new tools for Aspire

trimitbyrich

Brand new to this. Just fired up my new CNC Router today and went to surface my first spoil board only to find out that Aspire does not have my 1.5" surfacing bit so I figure I need to load it in as a new tool.

I have no idea where to find the feed rates, stepover, plunge rate, pass depth, spindle speeds etc.... and everything else I need like the awesome little picture of the tool too. I'm sure there is a chart out there somewhere where someone already figured all of this out already.

I understand that there are a lot of variables at play here, different materials, different tools etc... There just has to be an easier way than what I am looking at.

fixtureman

what you do is open your tool data base and select new at the bottom. that will bring up a drop down menu select end mill and then give your tool a name then just input the diameter of your tool in the geometry and in the cutting parameters you put what depth and step over speeds and feed rate. save it and you are done. I think there is a video of how to do this in their support section

trimitbyrich

I understand how to do that part. I am looking for the parameters of the tool I am using, there isn't a DXF file I can use so I need to know what the specs are to input into the new tool profile.

fixtureman

This is what mine looks like

Attachments

• surfacer.jpg
    surfacer.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 233

billsines

Do it manually.

Just put the bit in, zero at the top of the board. Turn on the spindle. Z down like .05, then jog across the table at a feed rate of say, 30 IPM, if using MDF. Then that will allow you to see where the low spots are. Z down a little more till you're barely skimming the lowest part. Then just run over the table. Make sure you don't exceed the max rpm of your surfacing bit. If you have some really low spots, say greater than .125 lower than the highest spot, you will need to make two passes.