• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where can I get a black PVC Post & Rail kit?

WhatsYourSign?

Harbor only offers white/beige and I haven't been able to find black anywhere else.

I know there are black vinyl materials for things like decks so it doesn't seem to be a material limitation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You tell me. You asked and I made a suggestion. Don't like it, don't consider it. Easy enough.

The other trick is, get what most other people get..... metal and then you don't hafta worry about the post itself deteriorating.

WhatsYourSign?

You tell me. You asked and I made a suggestion. Don't like it, don't consider it. Easy enough.

The other trick is, get what most other people get..... metal and then you don't hafta worry about the post itself deteriorating.

I can always count on your for a small alek response...thanks for not letting me down!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I can always count on your for a small alek response...thanks for not letting me down!

So, smart aleck..... what does this mean ?? ^^

Ya see, it's things like this that will get you in trouble every time. Ya wanna be a know-it-all and come here with stupid questions and when someone tries to help, ya look a gift horse in the mouth.

Whether you come here to find out how to charge for two guys, what kinda printer to buy, where do ya buy a table, how soon can you take off for a month, where to buy sign faces..... and the list goes on, there're no problems coming here and asking questions. Just yours are so fundamentally weird, it just doesn't make sense when you try to act superior to many of us who already know the answers and you cop an attitude.

Do you want help or not ?? It's entirely up to you. Wanna go around being an a$$wipe..... keep on keepin' on.​

WhatsYourSign?

So, smart aleck..... what does this mean ?? ^^

Ya see, it's things like this that will get you in trouble every time. Ya wanna be a know-it-all and come here with stupid questions and when someone tries to help, ya look a gift horse in the mouth.

Whether you come here to find out how to charge for two guys, what kinda printer to buy, where do ya buy a table, how soon can you take off for a month, where to buy sign faces..... and the list goes on, there're no problems coming here and asking questions. Just yours are so fundamentally weird, it just doesn't make sense when you try to act superior to many of us who already know the answers and you cop an attitude.

Do you want help or not ?? It's entirely up to you. Wanna go around being an a$$wipe..... keep on keepin' on.​

Hardly a know-it-all...I believe it's possible to build a business that runs itself, I'm fully aware of just how much work has to be done to get to that point and how much more I have to learn about the industry.

You shouldn't let somebody new to the sign game like me get under your skin, it's not worth your time.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hardly a know-it-all...I believe it's possible to build a business that runs itself, I'm fully aware of just how much work has to be done to get to that point and how much more I have to learn about the industry.

You shouldn't let somebody new to the sign game like me get under your skin, it's not worth your time.

Believe me, you're not under my skin.You're not even close or in the same ball park or hemisphere to do that. Also, please don't be telling me what I should or shouldn't do.... anyway, not you.

If you want a business that runs itself, why not open a tanning salon..... or a pizza shop ?? Heck, even a pancake house would be easier and cheaper and the learning curve isn't near as tough. Even if you can't make pancakes or good batter, you can hire SOMEONE to do that. Just pay them enough so they don't hold your business ransom or quit on ya.

under my skin.... that's sweet

rossmosh

As far as I know, black pvc doesn't last well. That's why black sheet PVC isn't outdoor rated.

So if you want black posts, you're going to need to paint.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Build it from the black fence post components.

:roflmao: :big laugh: :tongue: :clapping: :doh:

Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of investing in pre-made PVC which I don't hafta touch at all ?? Afterall, once I'm gone for a month or so, I won't be here to build squat. I need it built for me..... NOW !! :banghead:

lyndawayne

We had made a sign made from 10mm pvc in 2004, also gold leafed & 2 mil vinyl. customer called & wanted to renovate it. I told him the pvc was likely brittle & we probably couldn't. It wasn't! The only thing bad was the vinyl. We let the pvc flex thinking it would break. Not. Still not reusing it but we were sure surprised.

lyndawayne

We had made a sign made from 10mm pvc in 2004, also gold leafed & 2 mil vinyl. customer called & wanted to renovate it. I told him the pvc was likely brittle & we probably couldn't. It wasn't! The only thing bad was the vinyl. We let the pvc flex thinking it would break. Not. Still not reusing it but we were sure surprised.
This was black. Didn't clarify.