Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where can I get a black PVC Post & Rail kit?

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by WhatsYourSign?, Aug 21, 2019.

1. WhatsYourSign?

WhatsYourSign? Member

Jul 13, 2018
    Virginia
    Harbor only offers white/beige and I haven't been able to find black anywhere else.

I know there are black vinyl materials for things like decks so it doesn't seem to be a material limitation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks!

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Paint it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. WhatsYourSign?

WhatsYourSign? Member

Jul 13, 2018
    Virginia
    Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of investing in maintenance-free PVC if they'll have to repaint it every few years?

4. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    You tell me. You asked and I made a suggestion. Don't like it, don't consider it. Easy enough.

The other trick is, get what most other people get..... metal and then you don't hafta worry about the post itself deteriorating.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. equippaint

equippaint Very Active Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Florida
    You building a fence or putting up a sign? The right paint will outlast the cheap sign youre putting up

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  6. WhatsYourSign?

WhatsYourSign? Member

Jul 13, 2018
    Virginia
    I can always count on your for a small alek response...thanks for not letting me down!

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  7. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    So, smart aleck..... what does this mean ?? ^^

Ya see, it's things like this that will get you in trouble every time. Ya wanna be a know-it-all and come here with stupid questions and when someone tries to help, ya look a gift horse in the mouth.

Whether you come here to find out how to charge for two guys, what kinda printer to buy, where do ya buy a table, how soon can you take off for a month, where to buy sign faces..... and the list goes on, there're no problems coming here and asking questions. Just yours are so fundamentally weird, it just doesn't make sense when you try to act superior to many of us who already know the answers and you cop an attitude.

Do you want help or not ?? It's entirely up to you. Wanna go around being an a$$wipe..... keep on keepin' on.​

8. WhatsYourSign?

WhatsYourSign? Member

Jul 13, 2018
    Virginia

Hardly a know-it-all...I believe it's possible to build a business that runs itself, I'm fully aware of just how much work has to be done to get to that point and how much more I have to learn about the industry.

You shouldn't let somebody new to the sign game like me get under your skin, it's not worth your time.

9. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA

Believe me, you're not under my skin.You're not even close or in the same ball park or hemisphere to do that. Also, please don't be telling me what I should or shouldn't do.... anyway, not you.

If you want a business that runs itself, why not open a tanning salon..... or a pizza shop ?? Heck, even a pancake house would be easier and cheaper and the learning curve isn't near as tough. Even if you can't make pancakes or good batter, you can hire SOMEONE to do that. Just pay them enough so they don't hold your business ransom or quit on ya.

under my skin.... that's sweet

10. unclebun

unclebun Very Active Member

This argument is a long way of saying that most likely nobody makes black ones in PVC. Just white and khaki.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • I Appreciate You I Appreciate You x 1
  11. WhatsYourSign?

WhatsYourSign? Member

Jul 13, 2018
    Virginia

Thank you!

12. rossmosh

rossmosh Active Member

Oct 9, 2014
    New Jersey
    As far as I know, black pvc doesn't last well. That's why black sheet PVC isn't outdoor rated.

So if you want black posts, you're going to need to paint.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    Build it from the black fence post components.

14. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    :roflmao: :big laugh: :tongue: :clapping: :doh:

Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of investing in pre-made PVC which I don't hafta touch at all ?? Afterall, once I'm gone for a month or so, I won't be here to build squat. I need it built for me..... NOW !! :banghead:

15. spectrum maine

spectrum maine Member

Nov 1, 2012
    biddeford, maine
    BUILD IT OUT OF WHITE & PAINT WITH BLACK MATTHEWS, I WILL LAST DECADES. OR USE THAT PLASTIC SPRAY PAINT, SEEMS TO WORK WELL. BLACK PVC SUCKS OUTSIDE.

• Like Like x 1
  16. lyndawayne

lyndawayne Member

May 31, 2013
    Grass Lake, Michigan
    We had made a sign made from 10mm pvc in 2004, also gold leafed & 2 mil vinyl. customer called & wanted to renovate it. I told him the pvc was likely brittle & we probably couldn't. It wasn't! The only thing bad was the vinyl. We let the pvc flex thinking it would break. Not. Still not reusing it but we were sure surprised.

• Like Like x 1
  17. lyndawayne

lyndawayne Member

May 31, 2013
    Grass Lake, Michigan
    This was black. Didn't clarify.

18. dmcgary

dmcgary New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Owensboro, KY
    How about a pre-painted aluminum post panel kit.. Looks nearly the same in shape but its painted or possibly powder coated .. its more durable but expectedly more expensive though probably worth it.

https://www.4everproducts.com/products/sign-frames

get an account for dealer pricing.