Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where can I get a large table for production work?

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by WhatsYourSign?, Jul 20, 2019.

1. WhatsYourSign?

WhatsYourSign? Member

Jul 13, 2018
    Virginia
    We're getting ready to expand our office from around 1,200 sq ft to just a bit under 3,000 sq ft and one of the things I want to do with the space is add a 2nd production table.

The one we currently have came with the company when I purchased it so I'm not sure where it originally came from.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...thanks!

Tags:
  2. AF

AF Active Member

Dec 8, 2013
    Ventura, CA
    Lumber yard or welder

3. equippaint

equippaint Very Active Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Florida
    Build one in house. We made a couple 5x12 tables and put formica on for the top. Made them the same height as our laminator.
    Other option is a local metal fab shop for aluminum or steel. We use a local welder to build stands and hes building us another large a-frame panel rack now.

4. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    We made all own, but there are many kits available that all you need to get is the material for the top/shelves. Get one with heavy duty casters

5. ikarasu

ikarasu Very Active Member

Jun 10, 2016
    Port Coquitlam, bc
    www.yellotools.us/cutting/cutting-mats/

Build one with a plywood top, and add a cutting Mat, the yellow tool ones come.in many different sizes and you can order them in whatever length you want. They're a bit.kore pricey than normal ones... But they're thick and last a long time. We like them much better than the rhinos and will eventually replace all our rhinos with them.

6. equippaint

equippaint Very Active Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Florida
    Which one are you using?

7. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    +1 on building your own. I made several, tailored to my short stature.

If I were to do it again, I would make sure the table top would extended beyond the base...I usually snag things with my shorts.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ikarasu

ikarasu Very Active Member

Jun 10, 2016
    Port Coquitlam, bc
    We use the clear one. Back when we bought it they didn't have frosted... Not sure what the difference is besides the look. I guess frosted will hide all the cuts better once it's more used.

The main reason we like it is how thick it is... If you have a rolls roller it's about as thick as that. It's a more soft plastic too... It's like double the price of a normal cutting Mat, but when you use the all day everyday it's worth the expense. Plus you can build a 20ft table and get a 20ft mat in one piece. So it does have upsides besides being good quality!

I find everything from yellowtools, while expensive is one of the best products you can buy. They usually outlast the competitors products also.