• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Where can I get some custom Scarves made? anyone on here do it?

Looking to do some for our local team
anyone??

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1272347407618_hz_myalibaba_web15_1180.jpg
    1272347407618_hz_myalibaba_web15_1180.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 89

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
do they want it stiched like that one or something silk screened or digitally printed ... cause digital printing and silk screened only really need fabrication time from yourself and someone to print the graphics.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
And just to point out before it gets asked ... digital printing is better than silk screening for this one ... skin to silkscreen ink contact on the neck sucks.

They have a place where you can do custom ones but a 75min

And just to point out before it gets asked ... digital printing is better than silk screening for this one ... skin to silkscreen ink contact on the neck sucks.

do they want it stiched like that one or something silk screened or digitally printed ... cause digital printing and silk screened only really need fabrication time from yourself and someone to print the graphics.

I would like a stiched one but if its too $$$$$ then i guess digital

:covereyes: Maybe I should have been more clear.. I'm on a soccer team and we want to get some made for us!

attachment.php

Attachments

• 265752_226914330674127_209362355762658_742361_5356291_o.jpg
    265752_226914330674127_209362355762658_742361_5356291_o.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 74

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
well the one you showed wasn't embroidered, it was woven that way. it is also stitched like a tube to allow for a seamless design front and back. pretty much all scarves you get will be like that. embroidery will work, just make sure they also do the seamstress work to make them and quote in full. expect the embroidered to be hella expensive.

Now bear with me on this next part ... it's been a decade since I've had to this next one done so I can't remember the name. It's the printing process normally done on photos where the image is printed from flat sheet materials that get atomized into a hot gas to empregnate a material. Well anyways, you normally find it in the sign industry used with fire retardant materials like scrim and polyester banners. I know they also use it for jersey material and thicker softer fabrics ... might need to get the material printed in multiples and then do the seamstress work yourself ... but it will be a softer graphic for around the neck ... still would sew it like a tube too.

And of course if you can find a wholesale solvent printer who can print on softer cotton fabrics ... there is always that route too.

WildWestDesigns

Embroidery on that is going to be quite expensive as you are talking about a premium product. Depending on how the material is woven and what material it is, it can be a lot of stitches to make it look good and last. Which means more time and a bigger digitizing cost.

It'll be in a rough "environment" if it's going on something that is going to be used by an athletic team.

I would suggest something along the lines of sublimation as that is going on the fibers of the fabric and the scarf will likely be tossed before the image gets disgusting under normal use. That's if you don't mind finding/springing for poly scarfs.

Tyrant it looked like the first one was cross-stitched. Now that is a type of stitching that embroidery machines can do, it's just not widely use as there are machines out there that are just dedicated for that type of stitch. Just like there is a 20-30k machine dedicated to the border stitching of patches, something that embroidery and sewing machines can't do.

Pat Whatley

Anti-pill fleece is good. This isn't even getting into quality of thread and bobbin. Some will last longer then others.
I'm confused....are you saying the ones in my link aren't embroidered?

I know they aren't woven like the example he posted but they also don't have a 72 piece minimum.

MikePro

if you want wool scarves, i can get them made for ya in Lithuania :)
just got this one for my Mom on Mother's Day.
Lithuanians are big into these for traditional decoration, so she was extremely thrilled: Screen shot 2011-08-20 at 9.25.09 AM.png

WildWestDesigns

I'm confused....are you saying the ones in my link aren't embroidered?

I know they aren't woven like the example he posted but they also don't have a 72 piece minimum.

No, they are embroidered. What I worry about is the quality of the stitching (different fabrics may require different pitches, stitch density etc compared to others), the thread(including the bobbin thread), and even the stabilizer will play a part. Down to the needle that it used. Those variables well impact longevity and how useful it is in the environment that it is going to be in.

A lot of people don't get all the different variables that go into this to make it a quality product when you got to a big outsourcing like this that can do it relatively cheaply.

WildWestDesigns

if you want wool scarves, i can get them made for ya in Lithuania :)
just got this one for my Mom on Mother's Day.
Lithuanians are big into these for traditional decoration, so she was extremely thrilled: View attachment 67510

Some might be allergic if you are using sheep's wool. Now if you use Alpaca wool that'll be different. Unfortunately, Alpaca wool (even ungraded Alpaca wool) commands a premium price versus sheep's wool for this very reason.

MikePro

o? guaranteed its sheep's wool if coming from Lithuania :)
also, my scarves are not exactly comfortable to wear. its more of a decorative thing.

WildWestDesigns

o? guaranteed its sheep's wool if coming from Lithuania :)
also, my scarves are not exactly comfortable to wear. its more of a decorative thing.

Yea, I'm willing to bet that's sheep's wool too. Alpaca wool is much softer compared to sheep's wool. Those that are on my friend list on my personal facebook page probably have seen pictures of the one alpaca that I do have. Depending on the spot price, alpaca wool here commands premium cost even when it's ungraded compared to sheep's wool ungraded.